NewBay Media, a leading publisher of digital content creation media, is hosting the 14th Digital Video Expo in Pasadena, Calif. from Sept. 28-30, and will feature exhibits, education, hand-on training, networking, as well as an opportunity to preview the latest gear from the industry’s leading companies.
The Digital Video Expo, which is being held at the Pasadena Convention Center, is expected to attract thousands of professionals who are involved with the creative and technical components of HD production and distribution. Highlights of the 2010 Digital Video Expo are:
- •Multiple education tracks focusing on Web and mobile video, DSLR filmmaking, 3D production and editing.
- •Full-day workshops including lighting, Canon 5D/7D training, digital cinematography training, and RED POST the easy way.
- •Apple certification training for Weynand Training International.
- •Free lighting master classes with cinematographers from the American Society of Cinematographers (ASC), led by veteran director of photography George Spiro Dibie.
- •An exhibit hall of Sept. 29-30 featuring the newest gear of industry innovators.
- •Keynote addresses by leading filmmakers, including Greg Le Duc; Bernie Laramie; Keefe Kaupanger-Swacker; Tom Funk and Robert Sullivan or “3D Production in the Real World;” and Bruce Dorn addressing “Hybrid Filmmaking.”
- •Free sessions on the show floor, including production and postproduction trends for 2011; file-based management for video pros; Web video producers roundtable; and surviving the changing business of production.
- •Demonstrations of the hottest new camcorders, with special sessions on the Panasonic AG-AF100 AVCCAM Camcorder, Panasonic 3D AG-3DA1 camcorder, and the JVC GY-HM100.
- •Special events and association meetings held on Wednesday afternoon and evening with the Digital Cinema Society; the International Digital Media Alliance; the Los Angeles Post Production Group; and the Los Angeles Final Cut Pro Users Group.
- •Twice-daily prize drawings on Sept. 29 and 30 for nearly $15,000 of the hottest pro video gear.
- •Co-located rental and staging roadshow, free to all Digital Video Expo attendees.
For a complete special event schedule, as well as registration details and information on the entire Digital Video Expo, visit dvexpo.com.