MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA – October 7, 2020 – TVU Networks, the market and technology leader in cloud and IP-based live video solutions, has announced a turnkey production package for broadcasters looking to cover the U.S. Presidential 2020 election remotely without sacrificing reporting or technical quality. This year’s election is of great interest to viewers around the world, but COVID-19 travel restrictions mean that many international and domestic broadcasters either won’t be able to cover the event locally or may elect not to travel because of the risks involved.
TVU is addressing this need with a complete solution for live, on-site reporting that doesn’t require the presence of an organization’s own reporter or crew. The package includes: camera crews at various U.S. locations, equipment, transmission and pool feeds. Exclusive live feeds from Washington, DC and other major U.S. cities are part of the service throughout the election process. Recipients receive full election coverage until a winner is formally declared.
The TVU election package consists of:
- on-site camera crews set up at various locations, including Washington, D.C., with top-of-the-line equipment, such as the TVU One mobile transmitter for broadcast-quality live images
- delivery of live pool feeds from major U.S. cities
- TVU Partyline, a broadcast-quality video conferencing platform, that enables reporters at receiving broadcaster’s facilities to engage live with remote voters and guests on-site
- The TVU Anywhere mobile app, which streams full HD live video from anywhere and can be used in combination with TVU Partyline for remote interviews when only a smart phone is available
- TVU Grid for point to multi-point live video distribution over IP
- live transmission from location to recipients’ studio
- TVU Search for faster and easier location of archived and live content to be used for story production
At the outset of the COVID-19 pandemic, TVU also launched Project Pool Feed, which allowed government entities across the country to provide essential live video pool feeds for news stations. In California, Cal OES began participating in Project Pool Feed in April, allowing officials to safely and reliably share critical information with residents across the state during the pandemic. Project Pool Feed continues to serve many states in providing critical information to their residents through news organizations in their local markets.