Future Media Concepts (FMC), the nation’s premier digital media training center and producer of instructional conferences for digital content creators, announces that registration is now open for the NY Post|Production Conference, October 23-25 in New York City. The three-day educational event, produced in association with the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB), includes 80 different technical training sessions, three certification courses, and award-winning speakers–all focused on production, post-production, and delivery practices for visual content. Designed for hands-on professional content creators at all levels, the event is the East Coast‘s largest resource for education in digital media creation.
The event comprises four conferences and two certification workshops:
– Post-production – Three days of sessions include a wide range of courses in video editing, motion graphics, color correction, visual effects, DVD authoring, production, delivery, business and career issues, and more, as well as advanced instruction in the latest applications from Adobe, Apple, and Avid – including Apple Final Cut Studio 2 and Adobe Creative Suite 3.
– Podcasting – Two days (Oct 24-25) of techniques and practices covering everything from production to metrics to business models and marketing of video and audio podcasting.
– Director of Photography – Two days (Oct 24-25) of industry authority-provided instruction on acquisition and workflow for HD and 2K, and presentations on Arri D-20, Red Digital Cinema, Panasonic, Viper, and Sony HD.
– Digital Tech Guru – An intensive one-day workshop on Oct 23 covering the technology needed to keep a small-to-medium sized facility running smoothly, from proper wiring to setting up shared HD-capable networks.
– Certification Workshops – Two-day day-long workshops including instruction and exams give professionals the opportunity to earn manufacturer-authorized certification in Apple Final Cut Pro 6 Level 1 (Oct 22-23), and Apple Motion 3 (Oct 24-25).
Conferences/Workshops are purchased separately and all sessions are taught by elite, manufacturer-authorized instructors and experienced industry pros. To inspire attendees, the event features keynote presentations by top film editors who will show clips from their work to illustrate discussions of creative decision-making and craft. Jay Rabinowitz, ACE award-nominated editor who edited Broken Flowers, 8 Mile and the fall-releasing I‘m Not There; Christopher Tellefsen, ACE award-nominated editor of Man on the Moon, Capote and the fall-releasing Yellow Handkerchief, and James Thomas, editor of the blockbuster film Borat and Da Ali G Show are the event‘s featured speakers, with their keynotes open to attendees of any Post|Production conference or workshop.
Ben Kozuch, FMC co-founder and conference chair, said, “Not every professional can make it out to NAB in Vegas, so we bring the training to the heart of the East Coast creative community. With new releases from Apple and Adobe the demand for training is higher than ever, as content creators look to build out their skills in new areas. We keep this event focused–there‘s no fluff and no sales pitch–just skills, creative tips, and efficiency techniques that hands-on pros can bring to their next projects.”
The NY Post|Production Conference, now in its third year, draws attendees from organizations including MTV, NBC, ABC, Sony, ESPN, HBO, Time Warner, NFL Films and many other entertainment companies. The event will be held at the AMC movie theater complex on 34th Street in New York, New York.
To provide its attendees with further convenience and access to industry resources, FMC has co-located two other premiere industry events with the NY Post|Production Conference. The Sports Video Group (SVG) hosts the iSports conference on Wednesday Oct 24–six one-hour panel discussions on production, post, and delivery trends and techniques to optimize the broadband and mobile experience (more at
). And on Thursday Oct 25, Lightbulb Communications hosts a full-day conference on IPTV–a series of presentations on the state of the industry geared for telecom carriers and suppliers (more at
). Participants attending multiple conferences will receive discounts on registration costs.
The NY Post|Production Conference is produced in association with the National Association of Broadcasters, and the official media partner is Post Magazine. For more information, conference schedules and registration forms visit
or call 212 233-3500.
About Future Media Concepts
Future Media Concepts, Inc. is the nation’s premier digital media training center and a leading producer of education-rich conferences for creators of digital media content for TV, film, video, and the Web. The company provides manufacturer-authorized training in all areas of content creation including digital video and film editing, web design and development, sound design, DVD authoring, 3D animation, motion graphics and desktop publishing. FMC is an authorized training provider for Avid, Apple, Adobe, Macromedia, Digidesign, Boris, Autodesk Media, Newtek and Quark. FMC operates training facilities in New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Miami, Orlando, Chicago and internationally in Dubai, UAE. FMC offers on-site training worldwide. For more information please visit: