Morgan Hill, Calif., August 10, 2011 – Faced with preserving and protecting the massive amounts of data they generate daily, many leading Los Angeles post houses are increasingly choosing
’s archive appliances. Cache-A’s complete product line – including the Pro-Cache5 and the new Prime-Cache5 – is designed to meet the needs of digital media professionals for safe, reliable and cost-effective content archiving, access and interchange.
Some of the shows and facilities in Los Angeles that have chosen Cache-A for their content archiving needs include Conan O’Brien, Lussier, Nomad Editing and The Post Group.
“We are delighted that so many leading facilities in Los Angeles are embracing Cache-A’s archive appliances to enhance their file-based workflows,” said Phil Ritti, President and CEO of Cache-A Corporation. “Today, digital media professionals are using our archive appliances to create source masters in acquisition workflows. At the same time, they get the benefit of long-term archival storage that gives them fast, easy access to their content assets at every stage of production and postproduction.”
Here is a look at some of these facilities’ notable clients and projects:
• All Media Post: Castle Rock, Dreamworks, Miramax, 20th Century Fox, Warner Bros.
• Authentic Entertainment: Ace of Cakes, All on the Line, The Best Thing I Ever Ate, Flipping Out, Off Limits
• B2 Studio: Cartoon Network, Disney Channel, Sundance Channel, The CW
• BLT: Biutiful, The Fighter, The King’s Speech, Thor, True Grit
• Caudhill & Associates: Disney, Johnson & Johnson, L’Oréal, Neutrogena, Pfizer
• Conan O’Brien: Conan
• DreamWorks Studios: Cowboys & Aliens, Dinner for Schmucks, Fright Night, I Am Number Four, Real Steel
• Fotokem: Beginners, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Hall Pass, Puss in Boots, Water for Elephants
• Lussier: ABC, Fox, NBC, Sony, TBS
• Magic Hair Studios: American Express, DirecTV, Lexus, Lifetime Television, Microsoft
• Max Post: A&E, Discovery Channel, Spike TV, TLC, TMC
• Morningstar Entertainment: A&E, Discovery, The History Channel, National Geographic, TLC
• MWP Editorial: AAA, Dell, DirecTV, Make-A-Wish Foundation, Tommy Hilfiger
• Nomad Editing: Apple, Gillette, Pepsi, TD Bank, Visa
• Paramount Pictures: Captain America: The First Avenger, Footloose, Kung Fu Panda 2, Super 8, Transformers: Dark of the Moon
• Performance Post: Disney, Ebert and Roeper, Siskel and Ebert
• The Post Group: The Amazing Race, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, House M.D., Miami Medical, Numb3rs
• Prime Focus (formerly Post Logic): Green Lantern, Scream 4, Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Tree of Life, X-Men: First Class
• Sony Studios: Bad Teacher, Jeopardy! The Smurfs, Wheel of Fortune, Zookeeper
• THQ: Deepak Chopra’s Leela, Monster High Ghoul Spirits, The Penguins of Madagascar™: Dr. Blowhole Returns – Again! Voltron: Defender of the Universe, WWE 12
• Thumbwar: Beachbody, Comedy Central, DirecTV, NFL Network, Sundance Institute
• Visual Data: Maya Entertainment, Primetime Emmy Awards, Weeds
• Warner Bros.: Crazy Stupid Love, The Dark Knight Rises, Dolphin Tale, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, New Year’s Eve
• WingSpan Pictures: Abby 33, Burn Crisis, Don’t Ask Don’t Tell, Love Is All You Need?
The Cache-A Product Family
The most efficient and easily deployed way to manage multiple terabytes of archived data, Cache-A’s Pro-Cache5 offers many of the advanced features demanded for content archiving, interchange and access. Pro-Cache5 takes advantage of the latest LTO-5 generation data tape technology to offer 1.5 terabytes (TB) of storage per LTO-5 cartridge, while also providing significantly faster archiving speeds. It writes data on low-cost, secure, portable, interchangeable and IT industry-standard LTO-5 tape cartridges with a 30-year archival life.
The cost-effective Prime-Cache5 is a new version of the well-established LTO-4 based Prime-Cache and has been upgraded with an LTO-5 tape drive and a 2TB hard disc drive in an improved chassis. It now features 10 times faster direct-attached transfers with USB 3.0. Optimized for desktop applications, Prime-Cache5 is compact and quiet in the Prime-Cache tradition.
Cache-A’s new software adds the emerging LTFS (Linear Tape File System) capability as an option to the industry standard “tar” format for its family of LTO-5 based archive appliances. Based on open source software, LTFS enables users to interchange content across different operating systems, software applications and physical locations.
About Cache-A Corporation
Cache-A is a leading supplier of network-attached archive appliances for the media and entertainment industry. Cache-A’s archive appliances can easily archive source masters for production or entire projects for post-production using the secure, portable, interchangeable, industry standard LTFS or tar format on LTO-5 media.
W: (203) 226-6156
M: (203) 571-8151