Swticher Studio (www.switcherstudio.com) today announced a major new upgrade to its Switcher Studio mobile video app for iOS. With this new release available immediately from the Apple App Store, Switcher Studio has added the ability to sync your YouTube account and go LIVE with a single tap, new Cloud Services to support live streaming from iOS devices, and a host of features designed to give Apple iPhone and iPad consumers a professional video experience without the hassle and expense of traditional broadcast equipment.
The new Switcher Studio iOS mobile video app adds professional-caliber features for creating video using iPhones and iPads, but is so simple to use that anyone, from a high school football coach to a teacher in a classroom or even a TV station, can create a dynamic video experience with a professional look and feel.
New features in Switcher Studio include:
- Create Dynamic Video: Use the built-in camera on your iPhone or iPad and insert photos, graphics, and overlays in your video. All you need is one device.
- Share Computer Screen: bring your computer in as a source and setup picture-in-picture.
- Be the Director! Make edits on the fly and walk away from your event with a finished video.
- Record 1080p HD broadcast quality video using “Director Mode” and dial in advanced settings to take complete control of your production.
- Add multiple wireless cameras without huge upfront equipment costs by connecting additional iPhones and iPads to your wireless network.
One Click Live Streaming Directly to YouTube
With the new Switcher Studio release, users can easily broadcast live video to YouTube with just a single tap. Sync your Switcher account with YouTube using “Switcher Cloud Services” and start broadcasting directly from the app.
- Enable YouTube NOW to go live at a moment’s notice.
- Select from previously scheduled events and manage advanced settings.
- Create NEW YouTube events directly in the app.
- Set video availability to public, private or unlisted.
- Get share URL’s for your YouTube LIVE events to post on Twitter, Facebook and more!
For users who want to stream to other services like Ustream, theCube, Twitch, Bambuser and others, simply enter the RTMP stream name and stream URL to start broadcasting. Users can also:
- Run a SpeedTest to automatically configure streaming settings and manage live events in the app or from your online account.
- Remotely manage streaming accounts from another location via “Switcher Cloud Services.”
Switcher Studio also has features for more advanced users, including the ability to:
- Assign one iOS device as your ‘main switcher.’ Record on the main switcher only, or record on all cameras. The user decides what’s best.
- Set the app to Broadcast LIVE without using storage on your device. Now users don’t have to delete photos or apps to create their video events.
- Output your program feed or the entire screen to a TV, a projector or an external monitor with HDMI output and AirPlay support.
More about Switcher Studio Director Mode
In its last release,Switcher Studio introduced the new Director Mode. In this update, Switcher Studio added great new features that make the experience of recording and streaming high quality video with one or more iOS devices that much better.
The new “Director Mode” lets users capture 1080p HD quality content that meets professional broadcasting standards – all from your iPhone or iPad. With “Director Mode”, you can:
- Assign fixed frame rates to your final composition.
- Capture 1080p HD broadcast quality from multiple angles using iOS devices.
- Manage advanced settings and record video at bitrates of up to 50MB.
- Record only, or broadcast at any quality while simultaneously capturing in HD.
- Preview the completed video on your device as soon as you stop recording.
- Composite TV quality video directly on your iPhone or iPad and upload immediately.
- Export your compositions to Apple Final Cut Pro X to make additional edits before publishing (special instructions available for exporting to other editing software).
- Edit in FCPX knowing all your angles are automatically in sync and cuts/transitions made during production are still intact going into post-production by using “Switcher Media Manager” for MAC.
Pricing and Availability
Switcher Studio is available immediately on a monthly subscription model and is priced at $25.00 USD per month, or for an annual rate of $299.00 USD. There is also a 7 day free trial available at www.switcherstudio.com.
About Switcher Studio
Switcher Studio was started by a team of people who love creating and delivering great content – from anywhere and from any device. The app was born from a passion to democratize what was once an incredibly complex and expensive experience, to one that enables anyone – from a high school football coach to a wedding videographer to a professional television station – to create a multi-camera production studio experience with nothing more than some iOS devices and an internet connection and instantly stream live video to services like YouTube and Ustream. For more information or to start creating amazing multicam streaming events, please visit www.switcherstudio.com.