Boris FX, the leading developer of integrated VFX and workflow technology for video and film, today announced that Boris Continuum Complete 8 AVX (BCC 8 AVX) is now available for Avid DS. A perfect complement to Avid DS’ high-end editing and finishing capabilities, BCC 8 AVX delivers nearly 200 comprehensive visual effects filters including extrusions, image restoration tools, lens flares and lights, and blurs, glows, and cinematic effects. New version 8 features include a vectorscope tool, 3D lens flare and film glow effects, extruded text, and Beat Reactor technology for audio-driven effects creation.
“Boris Continuum Complete AVX provides the most complete selection of visual effects ever offered for Avid DS,” commented Sherrie White, HDTV Hawaii. “The range of effects and its ease of use make it a ‘must have’ for anyone who wants to take advantage of the full capabilities of the Avid DS system.”
“With new support for DS, Boris Continuum Complete 8 AVX gives facilities a unified AVX 2 plug-in collection that supports Avid’s full suite of video editing and finishing systems via a single license,” commented Boris Yamnitsky, president and founder, Boris FX. “Sequences with BCC 8 AVX effects conform completely from Avid Media Composer or Symphony to Avid DS – with all animated parameters intact.”
Boris Continuum Complete 8 AVX for Avid DS New Feature Highlights
• BCC Videoscope checks color levels at any stage of an Avid DS project, identifying and logging illegal colors. This tool ensures broadcast-legal colors of the final output or any individual element of a project.
• BCC Film Glow emulates the soft feel of exposed film.
• BCC Lens Flare 3D creates cinematic looks and stylish broadcast design elements.
• Beat Reactor Technology is now built into many BCC AVX filters, making it easy to generate audio-driven effects such as a pulsing light, a glow, or even an image wipe that follows along with the beat of an audio track.
• BCC Extruded Text is an OpenGL-accelerated 3D text generator with built-in 3D shatters and a warp deformer. Multiple 3D materials can be created from external image files featuring texture and bump maps as well as reflections. Each material can be individually saved as a preset and applied to the front, back, bevel, or extrusion surface of the text object. The text object can be further deformed and animated with a number of innovative deformers such as Bend, Taper, Twist, Shatter, Ripple, Pulse, or Curl.
• BCC Extruded EPS allows editors to import and extrude Adobe Illustrator layered vector logos and graphics.
• BCC Type-On Text animates extruded text in true 3D space in a type-on or type-off fashion with each letter precisely interacting with the rest of the text in 3D.
• BCC Extruded Spline creates extruded objects fully-modeled with bevels and spline-based extrusion profiles.
• BCC Layer Deformer warps any 2D layer in 3D space with built-in 3D shatters and bend deformers.
• 32-Bit Float Precision Color Rendering is now supported, offering even smoother blurs, glows, and other effects while providing the highest quality final image.
Boris FX is demonstrating the Boris Continuum Complete Version 8 suite of VFX plug-ins at the NAB 2012 exhibition held in Las Vegas, Nevada from April 16-19, 2012 at Booth SL2914.
Pricing and Availability
Boris Continuum Complete 8 AVX is immediately available through the Boris FX worldwide reseller channel and direct from the Boris FX web site at for an introductory MSRP of $1,595 USD. The regular MSRP will be $1,995 USD. Owners of previous versions of BCC AVX may upgrade for an introductory MSRP of $495 USD. The regular upgrade MSRP will be $599 USD. BCC 8 AVX supports Avid DS v10.5 or higher, Avid Media Composer v5.5 or higher, Avid NewsCutter v9.5 or higher, and Avid Symphony v5.5 or higher.
A free 14-day trial version is available from the Boris FX website at www.borisfx.com.
About Boris FX
Founded in 1995, Boris FX is a leading developer of VFX, compositing, titling, and workflow tools for broadcast, post-production, and film professionals. Boris FX products have grown to serve over a million artists worldwide, with a customer base encompassing network and broadcast television clients such as BBC, CBS, Discovery, ESPN, and Turner, post-production facilities such as The Ant Farm, Digital Kitchen, and Troika Design Group, and educational and government institutions such as Video Symphony, Columbia College, the U.S. Army, and the U.S. Air Force. The company’s success lies in its ability to tightly integrate and leverage technologies through strong partnerships with industry-leading developers of video editing software and hardware including Adobe, Apple, Avid, Corel, Grass Valley, Nexidia, and Sony.