LOS ANGELES – Zylight, a leading manufacturer of innovative LED lighting solutions, has won a STAR Award from the editorial team of TV Technology Europe for its new F8 LED Fresnel. Ideal for studio or location work, the unique F8 folds flat – collapsing to less than four inches thick – for easy transport and storage. Designed to celebrate and showcase the preeminent technological innovations available to the broadcast industry, the STAR (Superior Technology Award Recipient) Awards were chosen by TV Technology Europe’s editors and writers and presented at IBC 2013 earlier this month. The F8 was one of only 25 products to earn a STAR Award. The magazine is published by NewBay Media. “STAR awards are given to interesting new products that help a user save money or accomplish a task in an easier way,” said Mark Hallinger, editor, TV Technology Europe. “The products selected help advance the industry – some were chosen because of technical novelty or innovation, some because they filled an important gap in the production or transmission chain, and some because they were just cool products.” “We want to thank the TV Technology Europe team for honoring our new F8 with a STAR Award,” said Joe Arnao, president. “It’s a better choice than an HMI for run-and-gun ENG shooting, and costs much less to operate than traditional Fresnels in the studio.” Available in tungsten (3200K) or daylight (5600K) versions, the F8 maintains single shadow traditional Fresnel beam shaping through an eight-inch SCHOTT glass lens, and offers a patented focusing system for spot and flood operations. With a CRI (color rendering index) up to 97 or better, the fully dimmable F8 offers and adjustable beam spread (16-70 degrees) for even coverage for widescreen productions. The F8’s LED engine with quantum dot technology provides a cooler, more energy efficient light than traditional Fresnel instruments, but does not compromise performance. While it draws only 100 watts, it has close to the light output of a traditional 1000-watt Fresnel. It is also water resistant (IP54) for use in challenging location conditions, and can be powered by a worldwide AC adapter or standard 14.4V camera battery. Like other Zylight models, the F8 is also equipped with ZyLink wireless technology, which makes it easy to link multiple Zylights for simultaneous remote control. As a result, several F8s can be grouped together and linked for unique lighting scenarios. The F8 can also be controlled via DMX. The F8 includes a five-year warranty on the LED engine, and ships with barn doors and yoke mount. Additional accessories are available separately. ABOUT ZYLIGHT LLC Zylight was founded in 2003 with one mission: Bring truly intelligent, time-saving lighting to the entertainment production industry. Our award-winning team has more than 80 years of combined industry experience, and we continue to develop innovative LED lighting solutions to help make your job easier. With more than 50 dealers worldwide, Zylight continues to grow its brand to a large international audience. More Than Bright – Zylight. Find out more at www.zylight.com.
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Zylight F8 LED Fresnel Receives STAR Award from TV Technology Europe at IBC 20132013-10-03 16:27:43
- The Tiffen Company Releases Major Upgrade to Its Tiffen Dfx Digital Filter Suite
- ChyronHego Partners With Fraunhofer IIS to Market and Develop GoalRef
- Technicolor – PostWorks New York Provides Post-Production Services to DOC NYC Grand Jury Winner “Cairo Drive”
- Primestream Government Video Expo 2014 Product Preview
- Beijing Workers’ Service Center Receives Smooth Translation Capabilities With HARMAN’s AKG Microphones And Headphones
- Daimler Uses Riedel Gear to Introduce Mercedes-Benz 'Future Truck 2025,' the First Autonomously Driven Truck
- Matrox PowerDesk Desktop Management Software Turns 20
- Paragon 360 Completes Total Audio Overhaul at Enid, Oklahoma’s Emmanuel Baptist Church With HARMAN’s Crown Amplifiers, BSS Audio Processing and JBL Loudspeakers
- SMPTE 2014 Annual Technical Conference & Exhibition Marks Greatest Attendance in Past Decade
- Sakhi TV Uses Harmonic Video Infrastructure for Fast, Cost-Effective Launch of India's First Women-Centered Channel