For the European launch of the Huawei Ascend P6 in London, XL Events supplied a multi-screen blended projection, HD camera system, media servers and control. [gallery] Chinese electronics giant, Huawei, recently introduced their flagship Ascend P6 smartphone to gathered media in London. Huawei’s creative event agency, Uniplan of Hong Kong, designed an immersive 180 degree projection onto gauze followed by a reveal at the end of the presentation to give attendees access to the experiential area behind. To realise this creative Uniplan engaged production company Imagine Believe to produce the launch event at the iconic Roundhouse, in London’s Camden. To provide the video element of the launch, Imagine Believe’s Production Director, Tom Attenborough, contacted Mark Rooney, Project Manager at technical supplier, XL Events to design and specify the video for the show. For the main multi-screen blended projection which included brand logos, and demonstration footage of the new smartphone, XL used 12 of their Barco HD20 projectors. The challenge of working in the Roundhouse is to ensure the images blend to the screen whilst taking into account the pillars around the centre of the building which support the circular structure. XL also supplied two of their Sony HXC 100 HD cameras with 70 x lenses for IMAG of the presenters, accompanied by one of XL’s Small Portable Production Units. For the screens, XL Events used 5 of their Catalyst media servers to playback the pre-programmed media content alongside the main keynote presentation. The Catalysts were managed by Leo Flint. The vibrant projection around the circular venue was the perfect introduction for Huawei’s new smartphone, which boasts a high-end feature set. “With only an eight week lead time from first briefing to the show day, this was a challenging event,” comments XL’s Mark Rooney. “Working with Uniplan’s creative design and Imagine Believe’s producer, Tom Attenborough, made it a lot easier, and the show went smoothly, producing a stunning end result. Our team of Lee Moore, Kevin Parry, Rob Bent and Leo Flint ensured everything looked fantastic.”
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to email@example.com.
XL Events Supplies Video Projection Package for Huawei Ascend P6 Launch2013-07-07 06:07:05
- STORY’s Laurie Rubin Rings in the Holidays with Crate & Barrel
- yU+co Creates 22-Story Projection Mapping Spectacular for Grand Park’s N.Y.E. L.A.
- Proof Visualization House Provides Extensive Previs and Postvis Services for "Night At The Museum: Secret Of The Tomb"
- Darren Aronofsky to be Honored with MPSE Filmmaker Award
- Music from Multiple Warner/Chappell Production Music Catalogs Appears Within - Or in Promotional Media For - 18 Golden Globe Award Nominated Films, Trailers & TV Shows;
- Miller Camera Support, LLC Announces a New Winner of LP ’54 Classic Tripod as AbelCine Continues 25th Anniversary Extravaganza
- Electrosonic Completes Transformation of the ShowDome at Edinburgh’s Our Dynamic Earth
- 2014 Proves A Banner Year For iPi Soft
- ChyronHego Technology Gives Life to Tinker Bell and Other Stunning Visual Effects in NBC's 'Peter Pan Live!'
- QUANTUM TO SPEAK AT STORAGE VISIONS 2015