For the UK premiere of the fifth installment of the Die Hard franchise, Twentieth Century Fox brought in Premier to produce the London premiere of A Good Day To Die Hard. [gallery] Reflecting the full-on action of the movie, and providing a backdrop for the arriving stars including Bruce Willis and Jai Courtney, the Leicester Square premiere included a genuine ex-active-service helicopter alongside the red carpet outside the Odeon. To add a little extra glamour to the heavy machinery, Premier brought in XL Events to provide scenic LED along the base of the 17m long flatbed truck on which the helicopter sat. The low level of the truck provided XL with a challenge as there was limited space around the base in which to rig the LED. XL Events supplied 56 tiles of Pixled FX-11 for the event. Pixled FX-11 was selected for the job due to its lightweight 450mm square tile size and suitability for outdoor use. The size and weight of the LED – just 3kg per tile - made working around the truck much easier. Content for the LED was controlled by one of XL Events’ Catalyst media servers managed by Hugh Davies-Webb. Mark Rooney, Project Manager for XL Events commented, “With the LED being at ground level and the helicopter alongside the red carpet it was important to ensure the displayed content could be seen from above and the side. Pixled FX-11 was a good solution for this event as its 160 degree horizontal and vertical viewing angle ensured that all attendees had a great view.” Alongside Mark Rooney, the LED crew included Alain Demey, Sandro Bruni and Jolyon Olivier who rose to the challenge of installing the LED in the limited space around the helicopter. “It was a pleasure to work with the team at Premier on this event,” continued Rooney. “We always enjoy helping make their creative ideas reality.” Photo credit: Scott Davies
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
XL Events Supplies Scenic LED for UK Premiere of A Good Day To Die Hard2013-03-08 12:05:31
- NETIA Products at CABSAT 2015
- Archimedia Announces Atlas Player Support for 4K 60p and HDR Content on Any Display
- SSL C10 CONSOLE AIDS IN THE SHOPPING CHANNEL'S MOVE TO HD PRODUCTION
- New Quantum Solutions Integrate the Cloud Into Multi-Tier, Hybrid Storage Architectures for Demanding Data Workloads
- Calrec Audio Launches New Optimized Summa Processor Rack and Modular MADI Solution
- Harmonic Appoints Dario Choi Regional Vice President of Sales, Asia-Pacific
- 2015 HPA Tech Retreat(r) Unveils Expanded Session Schedule
- Once Upon a Time DP Stephen Jackson Uses Blackmagic Cinema Cameras
- LOWER EASTSIDE GIRLS CLUB INTRODUCES WSDG-DESIGNED AIRSTREAM TRAILER RECORDING, BROADCAST & TEACHING STUDIO
- SMPTE and FKTG Open Registration for SMPTE Forum 2015, 'Entertainment Technology in the Internet Age: A European Perspective'