WorldStage, the new brand for Scharff Weisberg and Video Applications Inc., has chosen the Yamaha CL5 digital audio console and accompanying Rio (Remote/IO) stage rack as its new audio console and immediately made them available for audio system rentals and staging. The Yamaha CL Series is a Dante network–based console featuring remote I/O for a faster, more responsive system solution. The footprint of all three CL consoles in the series is small, yet powerful and has been developed specifically for sound reinforcement applications such as performing arts venues, theaters, houses of worship, touring and remote broadcast. The Yamaha CL5 mix capacity is 72 mono plus 8 stereo inputs (64 channels through Dante and 8 local), with 34 faders. It features 16 DCAs, channel encoders and supports 48kHz and 44.1kHz sampling rates. Up to eight external Rio boxes can be used for a total of 256 channels via the Dante digital network. “We’re excited to be one of the first in the New York area to offer this system to our clients,” says WorldStage Director of audio services David Lynd. “The CL5 is well suited as a mixer for corporate as well as music events. With 64 remote inputs and 8 local on the desk it satisfies our clients’ requests for a console with higher channel counts. The CL5s give us more inputs in a small form factor; running fiber instead of large, heavy copper multi-core audio snakes is also a major plus.” WorldStage president Josh Weisberg says the company chose the CL5 after an extensive search. “We like its compact, ergonomic design, easy-to-learn user interface and broad feature set. The CL5’s aggressively competitive price point allows WorldStage to use the console on a wide variety of projects that would have formerly utilized older analog boards,” Weisberg concludes. WorldStage Inc., the company created by the merger of Scharff Weisberg Inc and Video Applications Inc, continues a thirty-year legacy of providing clients the widest variety of entertainment technology coupled with conscientious and imaginative engineering services. WorldStage provides audio, video and lighting equipment and services to the event, theatrical, broadcast and brand experience markets nationally and internationally.
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to email@example.com.
WorldStage Adds New Yamaha CL5 Digital Audio Consoles for Rentals and Staging2013-01-25 08:27:47
- Codex Advances Motion Picture and Broadcast Workflows at IBC 2014 (11.C71)
- Lady Gaga Launches ArtRave Tour with Clay Paky Fixtures and grandMA2 Consoles Joining Her on the Road
- Forbidden Integrates Timecode Buddy Into Forscene Platform Via MovieSlate iOS App
- Goldcrest Post Adds High End Picture Finishing with DaVinci Resolve
- Miller Camera Support Equipment Stands Sturdy Amongst TV Azteca Station Upgrade
- Chandler Limited and Abbey Road Studios Announce Long-Term Agreement
- SMPTE Confers 'Fellow' Status on Eight Members of Motion-Imaging Technology Industry
- Nexidia and Telestream Announce Integration of Nexidia QC Caption Verification Tool Into Vantage Workflow Automation Environment
- SMPTE Announces 2014 Honorees and Award Winners
- CueScript Adds Visual Technologies India (VTI) to its Growing Slate of Worldwide Distributors