WorldStage, the new brand for Scharff Weisberg and Video Applications Inc., has chosen the Yamaha CL5 digital audio console and accompanying Rio (Remote/IO) stage rack as its new audio console and immediately made them available for audio system rentals and staging. The Yamaha CL Series is a Dante network–based console featuring remote I/O for a faster, more responsive system solution. The footprint of all three CL consoles in the series is small, yet powerful and has been developed specifically for sound reinforcement applications such as performing arts venues, theaters, houses of worship, touring and remote broadcast. The Yamaha CL5 mix capacity is 72 mono plus 8 stereo inputs (64 channels through Dante and 8 local), with 34 faders. It features 16 DCAs, channel encoders and supports 48kHz and 44.1kHz sampling rates. Up to eight external Rio boxes can be used for a total of 256 channels via the Dante digital network. “We’re excited to be one of the first in the New York area to offer this system to our clients,” says WorldStage Director of audio services David Lynd. “The CL5 is well suited as a mixer for corporate as well as music events. With 64 remote inputs and 8 local on the desk it satisfies our clients’ requests for a console with higher channel counts. The CL5s give us more inputs in a small form factor; running fiber instead of large, heavy copper multi-core audio snakes is also a major plus.” WorldStage president Josh Weisberg says the company chose the CL5 after an extensive search. “We like its compact, ergonomic design, easy-to-learn user interface and broad feature set. The CL5’s aggressively competitive price point allows WorldStage to use the console on a wide variety of projects that would have formerly utilized older analog boards,” Weisberg concludes. WorldStage Inc., the company created by the merger of Scharff Weisberg Inc and Video Applications Inc, continues a thirty-year legacy of providing clients the widest variety of entertainment technology coupled with conscientious and imaginative engineering services. WorldStage provides audio, video and lighting equipment and services to the event, theatrical, broadcast and brand experience markets nationally and internationally.
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to PRFeed@nbmedia.com.
WorldStage Adds New Yamaha CL5 Digital Audio Consoles for Rentals and Staging2013-01-25 08:27:47
- Riding Shotgun at SIGGRAPH 2014
- DPA Microphones Announces Trade-Up to d:fine Promo
- XL Video On The Road with DesignScene and Volvo
- The Room Finishes Bruce Springsteen’s “Hunter of Invisible Game”
- Miller Camera Support Equipment Provides Latest Technologies to Companies at The Australian Broadcast Exhibition
- Monkeyhead Helps 'Untie The Knot' For Bravo
- Professional Wireless Systems Sets the Stage with Wireless Equipment Package and Frequency Coordination Services for Univision’s Premios Juventud
- Sound Devices 970 Takes a Ride with Renowned Audio Mixer for New Semi-Animated Children’s Series
- Atomic Design Partners with WorldStage On Turner Entertainment Networks’ Upfront at Madison Square Garden
- Thinkbox Opens Deadline 7 Beta