NAMM SHOW, ANAHEIM, CA, January 24, 2013 — Waves Audio (booth 6824),a leading provider of audio DSP solutions for professional, broadcast, and consumer electronics audio markets, recently introduced Element, its first-ever synthesizer. Powered by Virtual Voltage™ technology, Element is an analog-style polyphonic instrument engineered to deliver the fat, gritty sound of the classics, with all the precision, flexibility and control of contemporary digital synths. Element includes a vast array of convenient features and functions, including integrated effects, a 16-step arpeggiator/sequencer, MIDI Learn for all controls and a massive preset library, with total tweakability. Plus, all parameters are laid out right in front of the user, so when inspiration strikes, there’s no need to scroll through page after page to customize sounds. Searing leads, booming basses, ethereal pads, electro-percussion, sequential motions, mind-blowing FX and lots more: Element does it all. London-based Yoad Nevo, who has enjoyed a successful career as a producer/engineer for such artists as Air, Goldfrapp and Pet Shop Boys, in addition to being a longtime Waves developer, was instrumental in the development of Element. He states, “In my work, I use synthesizers quite a bit. Even though I have a large collection of analog synths, I’m always on the lookout for cool new virtual instruments. So when Waves decided to build a synth from the ground up, there were certain things I made sure it had. We knew we wanted to create a synth that would be straightforward and easy to use, so we started with a basic subtractive synthesis engine. We then developed the engine further, adding features and functions along the way, until it grew into a mature synth.” Nevo continues, “Element provides fat sound right off the bat, but also has very comprehensive editing capabilities, which I used to create most of its presets. We made sure to include all its features on a single page: the step sequencer, modulation matrix and effects section, everything. Whether scrolling through presets of creating completely new sounds from scratch, we saw to it that Element would provide users with instant sonic gratification.” Waves Element is now available at a U.S. MSRP of $200, with a special introductory price of $99. Visit www.waves.com for more information.
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Waves Audio Offers Element Synthesizer2013-01-24 15:20:28
- NETIA Products at CABSAT 2015
- Archimedia Announces Atlas Player Support for 4K 60p and HDR Content on Any Display
- SSL C10 CONSOLE AIDS IN THE SHOPPING CHANNEL'S MOVE TO HD PRODUCTION
- New Quantum Solutions Integrate the Cloud Into Multi-Tier, Hybrid Storage Architectures for Demanding Data Workloads
- Calrec Audio Launches New Optimized Summa Processor Rack and Modular MADI Solution
- Harmonic Appoints Dario Choi Regional Vice President of Sales, Asia-Pacific
- 2015 HPA Tech Retreat(r) Unveils Expanded Session Schedule
- Once Upon a Time DP Stephen Jackson Uses Blackmagic Cinema Cameras
- LOWER EASTSIDE GIRLS CLUB INTRODUCES WSDG-DESIGNED AIRSTREAM TRAILER RECORDING, BROADCAST & TEACHING STUDIO
- SMPTE and FKTG Open Registration for SMPTE Forum 2015, 'Entertainment Technology in the Internet Age: A European Perspective'