NAMM SHOW, ANAHEIM, CA, January 24, 2013 — Waves Audio (booth 6824),a leading provider of audio DSP solutions for professional, broadcast, and consumer electronics audio markets, recently introduced Element, its first-ever synthesizer. Powered by Virtual Voltage™ technology, Element is an analog-style polyphonic instrument engineered to deliver the fat, gritty sound of the classics, with all the precision, flexibility and control of contemporary digital synths. Element includes a vast array of convenient features and functions, including integrated effects, a 16-step arpeggiator/sequencer, MIDI Learn for all controls and a massive preset library, with total tweakability. Plus, all parameters are laid out right in front of the user, so when inspiration strikes, there’s no need to scroll through page after page to customize sounds. Searing leads, booming basses, ethereal pads, electro-percussion, sequential motions, mind-blowing FX and lots more: Element does it all. London-based Yoad Nevo, who has enjoyed a successful career as a producer/engineer for such artists as Air, Goldfrapp and Pet Shop Boys, in addition to being a longtime Waves developer, was instrumental in the development of Element. He states, “In my work, I use synthesizers quite a bit. Even though I have a large collection of analog synths, I’m always on the lookout for cool new virtual instruments. So when Waves decided to build a synth from the ground up, there were certain things I made sure it had. We knew we wanted to create a synth that would be straightforward and easy to use, so we started with a basic subtractive synthesis engine. We then developed the engine further, adding features and functions along the way, until it grew into a mature synth.” Nevo continues, “Element provides fat sound right off the bat, but also has very comprehensive editing capabilities, which I used to create most of its presets. We made sure to include all its features on a single page: the step sequencer, modulation matrix and effects section, everything. Whether scrolling through presets of creating completely new sounds from scratch, we saw to it that Element would provide users with instant sonic gratification.” Waves Element is now available at a U.S. MSRP of $200, with a special introductory price of $99. Visit www.waves.com for more information.
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to email@example.com.
Waves Audio Offers Element Synthesizer2013-01-24 15:20:28
- Neil Hunt of Netflix to Give Keynote at SMPTE Entertainment Technology in the Internet Age (ETIA) Conference
- CP Communications Installs Barnfind BarnOne Fiber Transport Platforms in Two New Mobile RF Vehicles
- “Hibi Rock” Shot on Blackmagic Cameras and Graded Using DaVinci Resolve
- Video Clarity Launches New Log-Graphing Tools for ClearView and RTM Systems
- Harmonic at BroadcastAsia
- MGG Productions Powers Afrikaans is Groot Music Show with HARMAN’s JBL VTX Line Arrays, Crown I-Tech HD Amplifiers and Soundcraft Vi Consoles
- AKG by HARMAN Provides Precise Mixing and Scalability with DMM8 U and DMM14 U Reference Digital Microphone Mixers
- STORY Adds Director Rich Michell
- 79 Crystal Vision logo keyers used in UK Houses of Parliament distribution system upgrades
- Sound Devices Goes On Wild Ride With Cast And Crew Of Mad Max: Fury Road