NAMM SHOW, ANAHEIM, CA, January 24, 2013 — Waves Audio (booth 6824),a leading provider of audio DSP solutions for professional, broadcast, and consumer electronics audio markets, recently introduced Element, its first-ever synthesizer. Powered by Virtual Voltage™ technology, Element is an analog-style polyphonic instrument engineered to deliver the fat, gritty sound of the classics, with all the precision, flexibility and control of contemporary digital synths. Element includes a vast array of convenient features and functions, including integrated effects, a 16-step arpeggiator/sequencer, MIDI Learn for all controls and a massive preset library, with total tweakability. Plus, all parameters are laid out right in front of the user, so when inspiration strikes, there’s no need to scroll through page after page to customize sounds. Searing leads, booming basses, ethereal pads, electro-percussion, sequential motions, mind-blowing FX and lots more: Element does it all. London-based Yoad Nevo, who has enjoyed a successful career as a producer/engineer for such artists as Air, Goldfrapp and Pet Shop Boys, in addition to being a longtime Waves developer, was instrumental in the development of Element. He states, “In my work, I use synthesizers quite a bit. Even though I have a large collection of analog synths, I’m always on the lookout for cool new virtual instruments. So when Waves decided to build a synth from the ground up, there were certain things I made sure it had. We knew we wanted to create a synth that would be straightforward and easy to use, so we started with a basic subtractive synthesis engine. We then developed the engine further, adding features and functions along the way, until it grew into a mature synth.” Nevo continues, “Element provides fat sound right off the bat, but also has very comprehensive editing capabilities, which I used to create most of its presets. We made sure to include all its features on a single page: the step sequencer, modulation matrix and effects section, everything. Whether scrolling through presets of creating completely new sounds from scratch, we saw to it that Element would provide users with instant sonic gratification.” Waves Element is now available at a U.S. MSRP of $200, with a special introductory price of $99. Visit www.waves.com for more information.
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Waves Audio Offers Element Synthesizer2013-01-24 15:20:28
- The HPA Announces 2014 Winners of Engineering Excellence Awards and HPA Judges Award for Creativity and Innovation
- Professional Wireless Systems Highlights Range of RF Solutions for House of Worship Events at WFX 2014
- Renegade Animation Goes Retro in Animated Campaign for Wienerschnitzel
- Riedel Australia Appoints Espen Brynildsen to Serve as Technical Solutions Manager
- Dalet is one of the First Manufacturers to Earn DPP/AMWA Certification with Dalet AmberFin Transcoding Platform
- Robe Goes BIG at PLASA 2014
- Robe Goes BIG at PLASA 2014
- DL Sound & Lighting Productions Gives Butchart Gardens Great Sounds for the Summer with HARMAN’s JBL VTX Line Arrays and Crown I-Tech HD Amplifiers
- Jason ‘Malletman’ Taylor Finds The Sweet Spot With HARMAN’s AKG Microphones And Headphones
- HARMAN’s Soundcraft Consoles Help London FolkFest Artists Cross Barriers at the Bedford