TEL AVIV, ISRAEL, April 25, 2013 — Waves Audio announces the availability of its new GEQ graphic equalizer plugin. Developed primarily for live users (but sure to find a home in the studio as well), Waves GEQ is a full-featured graphic equalizer plugin with both Classic and Modern mono and stereo components, featuring 30 ISO bands plus high and low pass filters, a high precision floating parametric EQ bell filter, and a real-time analyzer. GEQ Classic components use traditional proportional Q filters inspired by the renowned DN series 1/3 octave equalizers, which narrow the filter width as you increase a band’s gain; GEQ Modern components utilize special Flat-Top filters, which eliminate the artifacts associated with band interaction, and provide perfect plateau and stair-stepped responses. Users can set band gains one-by-one, or draw their curve via touch-screen or mouse. Finally, GEQ’s integrated real-time analyzer lets users compare the difference between two sources. Features: 30 ISO bands with selectable 6, 12 & 18 dB scales Independent HPF, LPF and parametric bells per side Classic component with Proportional Q filters Modern component with non-interactive Flat-Top filters Real-time analyzer Zero latency Controls: GRAPHIC EQ SECTION SCALE controls the maximum range of GEQ faders. Q functions as a multiplier for the proportional Q algorithm. ISO FADERS control the gain of selected frequency centers. DRAG selects the method of setting the band faders. LINK relatively links left and right channels, including all bands, high and low pass filters, floating Parametric Bell EQ and Master Gain settings. FLAT snaps all bands to 0 dB. FLOATING PARAMETRIC EQ SECTION HP activates the high pass filter. HP FREQUENCY sets the cutoff frequency of the high pass filter. LP activates the low pass filter. LP FREQUENCY sets the cutoff frequency of the low pass filter. PARAMETRIC BELL activates the floating parametric bell filter. PARAMETRIC BELL FREQUENCY sets the cutoff frequency of the floating parametric bell filter. PARAMETRIC BELL GAIN controls the gain of the floating parametric bell filter. PARAMETRIC BELL Q determines the width of the floating parametric bell filter. MASTER GAIN controls the output level of the entire plugin. ANALYZER SECTION GRAPHIC DISPLAY / ANALYZER show the EQ curve, RTA1 and RTA2 input RMS frequency responses and the Difference between them. INPUT METER displays input level (peak) in dBFS. OUTPUT METER displays output level (peak) in dBFS. RTA1 assigns the first input to the real-time analyzer. RTA2 assigns the second input to the real-time analyzer. DIFFERENCE mode turns off the real-time analyzer and displays the difference in frequency response between RTA1 and RTA2. CALIBRATION MODE CALIB activates the Calibration mode which calibrates the analyzer. RTA1 & RTA2 FADERS are used to adjust and match the analyzer input levels. RTA RESPONSE sets the response time of the analyzer. RTA1 DELAY sets the alignment of RTA1 to RTA2. The GEQ Graphic Equalizer Plugin is now available with a U.S. MSRP of $200.00, with a special introductory price of $99.00. Visit www.waves.com and www.waveslive.com for more information.
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to email@example.com.
Waves Audio GEQ Graphic Equalizer Plugin Now Available2013-04-26 07:34:59
- Chris Fetner, Mark Aitken, and Darcy Antonellis to Keynote at SMPTE 2014 Annual Technical Conference & Exhibition
- Richard Bevan Promoted to Senior Vice President/General Manager of WorldStage West
- Drama Republic and Eight Rooks use Aframe’s Cloud Video Platform To Expedite Collaboration on “The Honourable Woman”
- Forbidden to Present Two Sessions at IBC Content Everywhere Conference During IBC2014
- Projection Studio at Edinburgh Tattoo
- HARMAN’S AKG WMS4500 Wireless Microphone System and D7 Ltd Mic Keep Up With Carlos Elizalde’s Every Move
- Blackmagic Cinema Camera and DaVinci Resolve 11 Used on Owl City “Wolf Bite” Music Video
- GO AV Adds UDC 400 from High Resolution Systems for Control of Blackmagic Design’s 2ME ATEM Switcher
- Small Tree Provides End-to-End Workflow Solution for Advertising Agency
- Cobalt Prepares to Introduce European Market to A Significant Number of NEW Products at IBC 2014