Making its InfoComm debut at the Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, FL was the WIRETAG™ transponder from Dataton. [gallery] To view images, please visit: http://bit.ly/13E0Zr3 Plugging directly into WATCHPAX™ solid-state media server, which runs Dataton’s established WATCHOUT™ show-timeline, media control and image-manipulation software on a built-in, compact embedded computer, the WIRETAG transponder allows audience members equipped with PICKUP™ audio guides to ‘jump’ straight into the audio of a WATCHOUT show and remain in perfect sync. Not proprietary to WATCHPAX, the integration of WIRETAG and PICKUP can also be incorporated in existing audiovisual systems that deploy WATCHOUT and associated computing hardware. “Simply put, WIRETAG allows the direct integration of a WATCHOUT show with our PICKUP audio-guide system,” says Lars Sandlund, Chief Operating Officer, Dataton. “Simply point and click at the WIRETAG with a PICKUP audio guide, and you jump straight into the soundtrack at the correct point in the show, regardless of how much time has elapsed.” For added functionality with WATCHPAX, each WIRETAG plugs into the WATCHPAX via the latter’s USB connection and requires no separate power supply. The transponder can then be affixed to a display or other visible unit using the supplied self-adhesive pad. PICKUP users can be as much as 8m away from the WIRETAG and still receive the correct audio. As well as acting as a means of integration with WATCHOUT shows, WIRETAG can also be used as an externally powered alternative to Dataton’s established MICROTAG, for example in audio tours that take place in physically demanding environments or where access for battery changes is limited. Like WATCHPAX, WATCHOUT and PICKUP, Dataton’s new WIRETAG was displayed at Booth #3915 at the OCCC, where the Swedish manufacturer demonstrated its products together with its North American Premium Partner, Show Sage. www.dataton.com www.showsage.com
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to email@example.com.
WATCHOUT SHOW VIEWERS CAN NOW JUMP DIRECTLY INTO SOUNDTRACK WITH PICKUP2013-06-24 04:44:57
- Gem Center in Vietnam Launches with HARMAN Professional For Inspiring Events
- Technicolor PostWorks Finishes “Boardwalk Empire” on a High Note
- Navori Labs Brings Dynamic Digital Signage to Department of Education
- Renewed Vision to Launch ProPresenter 6 at 2015 NAB Show
- NAB 2015 NEWS: MTI Film to Showcase Improved DRS™NOVA.
- Humble Acquires Paranoid US; Launches Sister Shop Postal for VFX, Design, Edit
- Integrated Microwave Technologies (IMT) microLite HD Link Goes the Distance for Brazil’s TV Diário
- Procam Zooms Into US Production Market With HotCam NY Acquisition
- Broadcast Pix To Demo New Software at NAB 2015
- SMPTE 2015 NAB Show Preview