Grand Rapids, Mich. â€“ Broadway Systems, the leading provider of advertising management software for cable networks, announced today that TV One is using Broadwayâ€™s end-to-end software platform to manage program scheduling, advertising sales, and traffic and billing. The cable network, which is available in more than 50.4 million households and targets African American adult viewers, went live with the system in late September. With Broadwayâ€™s Sales Planning and Proposal, Traffic and Billing, and Program Management software modules, TV One now has a single solution. As part of the implementation, Broadway also integrated with StorerTVâ€™s SIMS program management software using a BXF interface, and interfaced with the Comcast Media Centerâ€™s on-air automation systems. â€œBroadwayâ€™s implementation team did a great job of handling a very complex integration project enabling us to meet all of our project deadlines,â€? said Jay Schneider, TV One executive vice president of operations. â€œBroadway will provide a platform that gives TV One a competitive edge, enabling us to meet the increasingly sophisticated and demanding needs of our advertisersâ€?. Jody Drewer, TV One executive vice president and CFO, said Broadwayâ€™s software system improves inventory management and helps the network maximize its profitability. â€œOur planners can steward deals on the fly rather than wait until after the fact,â€? he explained. â€œWe donâ€™t lose time on ADU [Audience Deficiency Unit] analysis, so we can make good on a deal while the deal is still open. That makes us more proactive, not reactive â€“ and it allows TV One to provide better customer service.â€? â€œBroadway was able to deliver an end-to-end solution for TV Oneâ€™s programming, ad sales, commercial operations, and finance departments today,â€? said John Sorensen, president of Broadway Systems. â€œOur software provides cable networks with a single platform from which they can access and share information, which allows them to more effectively manage their workflow between departments.â€? About TV One Launched in January 2004, TV One (www.tvoneonline.com) serves more than 50.4 million households, offering a broad range of real-life and entertainment-oriented original programming, classic series, movies, and music designed to entertain, inform and inspire a diverse audience of adult African American viewers. TV Oneâ€™s investors include Radio One [NASDAQ: ROIA and ROIAK;www.radio-one.com], the largest radio company that primarily targets African American and urban listeners; Comcast Corporation [NASDAQ: CMCSA and CMCSK; www.comcast.com], the leading cable television company in the country; The DirecTV Group; Constellation Ventures; Syndicated Communications; and Opportunity Capital Partners. About Broadway Systems Since 2002, Broadway Systems has collaborated with companies such as Fox News, the Scripps Networks, CBS College Sports Network, Food Network, Home & Garden Television, and MLB Network to engineer a contemporary and fully integrated programming, sales, traffic, stewardship, and billing software system. Today, this platform manages more than $2.5 billion in advertising revenues for top 20 rated cable networks as well as startups. Broadway Systems offers cable networks a strategic alternative to existing vendors, one that is dedicated to their business and keeps pace with the changing needs of this dynamic industry. Find out more at www.broadwaysystems.com.
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TV One Replaces Aging Advertising Traffic System with Broadway Systems End-to-End Software Platform2010-11-10 12:22:47
- Exclusive FUJINON Customer, PRG Nocturne, Adds 58 Lenses to Arsenal for High-End IMAG Production
- HARMAN’s Soundcraft Extends World-Class Vi Series with Vi5000 and Vi7000 Digital Mixing Consoles
- New Vi5000 and Vi7000 Digital Mixing Consoles from HARMAN’s Soundcraft Include Native Monitoring and Control of Shure ULX-D® and QLX-D™ Digital Wireless Systems
- Beam Shaping Has Never Been Easier Thanks to HARMAN’s JBL Professional Rapid DDS Software for Intellivox
- HARMAN’s JBL Professional Unveils JBL HiQnet Performance Manager™ Version 1.8.4 at Prolight & Sound 2015
- HARMAN’s JBL Professional Offers High Output and Precise Directivity Control with new Intellivox HP-DS130 Active Beam Shaping Loudspeaker Array
- HARMAN’s DigiTech Debuts TRIO Band Creator: A Band Inside a Stompbox
- “AT&T Playoff Playlist Live!” Concert Series Sparks Excitement During College Football Playoff Weekend with Clay Paky Sharpys
- HARMAN’s DigiTech Expands Sonic Horizons With Introduction of Polara Stereo Reverb Pedal
- HARMAN’s dbx Introduces DriveRack VENU360 Loudspeaker Management System With Mobile Device Control