Oceaneering International Inc., Entertainment Systems Division in Orlando is launching their RevOlution(tm) trackless ride vehicle featuring one of Alcorn McBride's newest products, TourTraXX, a compact multi-channel audio player with high-quality MP3 playback and built-in GPS functionality. "It's a Tru-Trackless(tm) ride vehicle capable of motion in any direction at any time," says Bill Bunting, manager of business development at Oceaneering. "The system has a three-axis motion base, can follow multiple ride paths, and transports eight people." A division of the global oilfield provider, Oceaneering is building Alcorn McBride's TourTraXX into the trackless ride to distribute audio to the vehicle. "We wanted to provide an onboard audio experience that will match the ride," says project coordinator Matt Kent. "We picked TourTraXX to give us the most flexibility, and it offers creative capabilities for 5.1 sound." TourTraXX plays up to 16 audio tracks in a small rugged form factor. It stores clips in MP3 format on CompactFlash for a reliable and maintenance-free solution to playback needs on the go. It's lightweight (4 lbs) and sized to fit almost anywhere; with no moving parts it's a great choice for high-vibration environments. Kent gives kudos to the ability of TourTraXX to deploy audio recorded on flash drives. "It's very easy to change out, very easy to record - there are no moving parts. Easy maintainability is the hallmark of Oceaneering products, so keeping our system as maintenance-free as possible is a key consideration for us." Oceaneering plans to sell its trackless ride vehicle to theme parks around the world. Its first application will be at SeaWorld's newest attraction, "Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin," which opens late spring. TourTraXX is uniquely designed for a wide variety of mobile applications. With it's built-in GPS functions it can also play audio files from latitude and longitude triggered points making it ideal for pre-recorded bus and boat tours, trolley's, trams and a host of other mobile appliations. Spot-logging capabilities add a revenue generating opportunity, logging and time stamping advertising spots along the routes. All audio files are stored on CompactFlash cards for ultra-high reliability. TourTraXX fits into Alcorn McBride's line of mobile audio and video players. About Alcorn McBride: Founded in 1986, Alcorn McBride is the leading manufacturer of show control, audio and video equipment for the themed entertainment industry, and a rapidly growing provider of audio and video systems for retail environments and transportation applications. Staffed by some of the industry's best engineers and backed by outstanding customer support, the company has demonstrated great agility in bringing new designs to market. A hallmark of Alcorn McBride products is their durable, zero maintenance design. The company's products provide consistent, reliable operation for audio and video playback applications worldwide. For more information, visit www.alcorn.com.
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TourTraXX Selected by Oceaneering for New Trackless Ride Vehicle2013-02-06 08:23:02
- Peter Pan Live! Soars with DPA Microphones
- Sonnet's Fusion R400 RAID USB 3.0 Rackmount Storage System Offers Built-in RAID 5 Controller, USB 3.0 Interface
- Supervising Sound Editor Skip Lievsay to Receive MPSE Career Achievement Award
- ChyronHego Products at BVE 2015:
- Irish Indy Producer Screentime ShinAwiL Adds Forscene to Post-Production Workflow for 'The Voice of Ireland'
- Clay Paky Fixtures and grandMA2 Join The Eli Young Band for Concert Tour and House Party Shows
- University of Utah is Taking Care of Business with Matrox Monarch HD
- Canon EOS C500 4K Digital Cinema Camera, Canon EOS 5D Mark III Digital SLR Camera, and Canon Lenses Capture Cinematic Images for Death Row Stories, a CNN Originals Television Documentary
- Technicolor-PostWorks Contributes to Nine Golden Globe Nominated Features and TV Shows
- Veracruz, Mexico’s Museum Naval Reopens with Alcorn McBride Equipment Powering New Exhibits