Leading Tokyo-based facility looks to the future with Quantel [caption id="attachment_65180" align="alignright" width="300" caption="Quantel Pablo Rio - Neo Panel"][/caption] Japan's largest post-production company, IMAGICA, has purchased a Quantel Pablo Rio and Neo Nano color panel for 4K and HFR editing, color correction and finishing. Established in 1935 and headquartered in Shinagawa, Tokyo, IMAGICA is home to Japan's most extensive production and post-production facilities, providing services for the film, advertising and motion picture industries. Pablo Rio is Quantel's high-quality color and finishing system that provides the ultimate productive workflow for 2D and S3D projects. Capable of handling 4K 60p in realtime, Pablo Rio runs on high performance PC hardware and exploits NVIDIA Maximus multi-GPU technology to deliver true interactivity and maximum productivity. Akihiro Seino, Chief Researcher at IMAGICA, said, "When we first saw a demo of Pablo Rio 4K at NAB 2013, we were immediately impressed with its power. Its open architecture also means that Pablo Rio will be able to take advantage of new GPU and I/O card technology developments as they come along. We are doing increasing amounts of work at 4K 60p, and the ease with which Pablo Rio handles this in realtime is a major benefit to us. We're also already looking forward to taking on 8K projects with Pablo Rio in the future." Quantel Sales Director, Martin Mulligan, said, "We are delighted that IMAGICA has chosen Pablo Rio to meet its 4K and HFR post-production requirements. Pablo Rio's fast performance and intuitive finishing toolset provides IMAGICA with the ultimate post-production workflow for 4K and beyond."
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to email@example.com.
Top Japanese post house IMAGICA invests in Pablo Rio for 4K and HFR2014-01-13 06:58:19
- Miller Fluid Heads (Europe) Ltd. to Host Charitable Raffle Event at IBC 2014
- Director Eva Michon Joins Accomplice Media
- Harmonic Products at BIRTV
- Encore VFX Enhances Lavish Middle Eastern Locales for FX’s ‘Tyrant’
- Killer Tracks Adds Emerging Bands to Its “Artist Series”
- Sonnet Now Shipping Award-Winning New xMac Pro Server
- Alcorn McBride Equipment Provides Audio and Control for “Your Brain,” a New Exhibition in The Franklin Institute’s Nicholas and Athena Karabots Pavilion
- Sohonet Appoints Chuck Parker to Executive Chairman
- Arsenal FX Names Kira Karlstrom - Business Development Executive
- Wohler Products at SET EXPO 2014