Amsterdam based archive and restoration company, SuperSens, is using the Blackmagic Design Teranex 2D processor for standards conversion, ingest of analog video tapes and digitization of 8mm and 16mm film for private and public collections. Customers of the service include national institutions Stadsarchief Amsterdam (Municipal Archive of Amsterdam) and the Groningen Audio Visueel Archief (Municipal Archive of Groningen). Established by owner and Managing Director Jean-Pierre Sens, SuperSens has been providing video, film and audio digitization for more than 12 years and recently expanded its offerings to a larger client base throughout Europe. SuperSens uses the Teranex 2D processor to digitize film and video and to reduce noise and sharpen images, improving the overall quality of the footage. To digitize film collections, telecine scanners are connected to a Teranex 2D Processor via SDI, and film footage is digitally captured over the processors’ Thunderbolt port and ingested into a Mac mini computer running Blackmagic’s Media Express software, which manages and organizes video media. The footage is then edited and archived onto an internal server. SuperSens also uses Blackmagic Design SmartView Duo rack mounted monitors and UltraStudio 3D and UltraStudio Express devices for capture and playback over Thunderbolt. “Prior to this purchase I’d been fascinated by the Teranex technology for many years. The addition of capture and playback over Thunderbolt and the attractive pricing were both crucial factors in our decision to integrate Teranex into our workflow,”said Jean-Pierre Sens. “During our test phase of the Teranex 2D Processor our team was really impressed with the image quality and number of filters and conversions available. Also, the Thunderbolt interface enables us to budget on computer hardware and invest more in video hardware. In short, based on our experience so far we found that the Teranex 2D Processor has improved the quality of our work significantly.” Press Photography Product photos of Blackmagic Design products are available at www.blackmagicdesign.com/press/images. About Blackmagic Design Blackmagic Design creates the world’s highest quality video editing products, digital film cameras, color correctors, video converters, video monitoring, routers, live production switchers, disk recorders, waveform monitors and film restoration software for the feature film, post production and television broadcast industries. Blackmagic Design’s DeckLink capture cards launched a revolution in quality and affordability, while the company’s DaVinci Emmy™ award winning color correction products have dominated the television and film industry since 1984. Blackmagic Design continues ground breaking innovations including stereoscopic 3D and 4K workflows. Founded by world leading post production editors and engineers, Blackmagic Design has offices in the USA, UK, Japan, Singapore, and Australia. For more information, please check www.blackmagicdesign.com.
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to email@example.com.
SuperSens Digitizes and Converts Film with Teranex 2D Processor2013-01-08 10:34:49
- Paragon 360 Completes Total Audio Overhaul at Enid, Oklahoma’s Emmanuel Baptist Church With HARMAN’s Crown Amplifiers, BSS Audio Processing and JBL Loudspeakers
- SMPTE 2014 Annual Technical Conference & Exhibition Marks Greatest Attendance in Past Decade
- Sakhi TV Uses Harmonic Video Infrastructure for Fast, Cost-Effective Launch of India's First Women-Centered Channel
- Filmworkers Supplies the Creative Spark for Elegant “Misfit” Campaign
- Forbidden Signs Reseller Deal With Italy's 09 Technology
- Encompass Digital Media Chooses DigitalGlue for Middleware Solution to Enhance Media Server
- Sonnet and Audinate Partner to Certify PCIe Sound Cards for Sonnet Thunderbolt 2-to-PCIe Expansion Systems
- DPA Microphones Hits the Road with Counting Cars
- Red TX Standardises HARMAN Studer Consoles in OB Vans for 96kHz Format
- Matrox Maevex Streams Full HD Camera Footage from Hong Kong International Airport to Off-Site Aviation Gallery