SPORTVU AT NAB 2007
Innovative motion-tracking technology delivers in real-time game statistics and analysis for live sporting events
Raanana, Israel - April 5 - 2007 - SportVU, a start-up company focused on sophisticated technology to improve sports coverage and the viewer experience, will demonstrate their product at NAB 2007, held in Las Vegas NV from April 16 through 19, on stand SL 12410. SportVU integrates in-arena cameras with real-time motion-tracking technology to generate, digital, schematic descriptions of the game. Fans and commentators get a more informative and interesting game analysis.
Gal Oz, CEO of SportVU notes, “SportVU significantly improves the viewer‘s experience of the game. The system automatically produces statistical features like speed profiles, accumulated distances, fatigue factors, and coverage maps, all in real-time. Broadcasters can customize the data parameters and results can be integrated with the station‘s graphics systems to produce very insightful analytical views. It brings a new dimension of fun and understanding to the game.”
The data output to in-stadium screens and to broadcast feeds provides viewers with very engaging statistical-driven content, opening avenues for premium sponsorship opportunities. The software is easily adaptable to other sports, including American football, ice hockey, cricket and more.
For more information about SportVU at NAB 2007 or to book a private demonstration, please contact email@example.com
About SportVU Technology
SportVU technology is non-intrusive. The in-stadium cameras are mounted in a single location. They catch the action and SportVU applies pattern recognition and video motion-tracking to produce the live, in-game data. The setup and operation is extremely simple. The use of commercial, off-the-shelf PCs increases reliability and reduces cost. The computers perform complex functions including automatic camera calibration, image segmentations, “blob” analysis, localization, and motion prediction. SportVU can deliver more interesting and relevant information to television viewers. Additional applications for mobile and web are currently in development.
Founded in 2005, SportVU is an Israel-based start-up company focused on improving the quality of sports coverage. Its principals have extensive experience in innovative technologies including visual intelligence, automatic interpretations systems, computer graphics, broadcast graphics and virtual sets.
For further information, please contact:
North and South America
Janice Dolan, Zazil Media Group
Tel: +1 (617) 817 6595
Europe, Middle East, Asia Pacific
Gal Oz, SportVU
Tel: + 972 9 766 5437
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SportsVu Introduces Real-time Game Statistics and Analysis Tracking2007-05-08 10:43:51
SPORTVU AT NAB 2007
- The Hit House Writes and Produces Original Music for Wildly Popular "Superfan" Netflix TV Spot Starring Ricky Gervais
- Sound Devices Puts Full Range of Rack-Mounted Video and Audio Recorders on Display at IBC 2014
- Motion Path | Bigstudios Partner with Orad to Provide World-Class Creative Services
- HARMAN’s JBL Professional EON 206P Portable PA System Delivers World-Class Sound on the Move
- Orad Makes After Effects Part of the 3D Scenery
- Miller Camera Support Equipment Cooks Up a Creative Storm While Traveling with Patrick and Kylie
- Dalet Releases AmberFin Version 10.4
- Adorama Pro and Sony Present: Capturing 4K on the Shoulder with Sony’s NEX-FS700R and Odyssey 7Q Recorder
- Blackmagic Cinema Cameras Capture Complex Action Sequences in ‘The Expendables 3’
- Cogswell College and Silicon Valley ACM Siggraph Chapter to Present Siggraph 2014 Computer Animation Festival on Sept. 10