Mac version of Southpaw’s production asset management to help content creators working in iOS environments organize files, projects and workflows, free of charge Toronto, Canada – Feb 6, 2012 – Southpaw Technology, a leading developer of production asset management (PAM) technology for content creators, announced today that it has created an open source version of its production asset management system TACTIC TEAM, for Mac users. As of today, individuals and small teams working on Macs and producing 2D/3D files, visual effects, video and more can download TACTIC TEAM for free and start using it instantly to manage files, tasks, projects and workflows. Every feature available on the most recent Windows® version of TACTIC TEAM (v3.9) is now also supported on iOS. Since TACTIC TEAM is open source, individuals and teams can download the software and start using it for free. “Once we launched our open source system, we began receiving more and more requests for iOS support from individual and small teams,” said Gary Mundell, CEO of Southpaw Technology. “We’ve always said we would provide that Mac version when we could do so without sacrificing any functionality or performance. Today, I’m happy to say we’ve achieved that goal. And what’s better, with our new open source model, we can provide TACTIC TEAM to Mac users for free.” Available to companies under the Eclipse Public License, TACTIC is a highly flexible web-based production asset management system that cures the headache of complex digital content creation. By combining digital asset management with project and workflow management, TACTIC keeps files secure, teams on track and projects on schedule as more and more digital content is created. TACTIC is currently being used by content creation teams of all types and sizes, including teams, studios and entire organizations in feature film production, visual effects, game development, advertising, marketing, and creative services across a number of industries. To find out more about TACTIC, visit www.southpawtech.com/solutions. About Southpaw Technology Inc. Southpaw Technology provides production asset management solutions to the media & entertainment and enterprise markets. Available via commercial or open source licensing as a web-based solution for Mac OSX, Windows and Linux, TACTIC combines all the asset and production management functionality teams, departments and companies need to keep digital productions on track and on budget, including asset management, project management, workflow management and communication tools. Customers include Procter and Gamble, Lockheed Martin, Saatchi and Saatchi LA, Nissan North America, Astral Media, Legend3D, GENER8, 2G Digital, Inhance Digital, ToonBox Entertainment, and many more digital content creators. For more information, please visit www.southpawtech.com. ### © 2013. Southpaw Technology Inc. All trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to email@example.com.
Southpaw Technology Launches Open Source TACTIC TEAM for Mac2013-02-06 12:10:01
- Lady Gaga Launches ArtRave Tour with Clay Paky Fixtures and grandMA2 Consoles Joining Her on the Road
- Forbidden Integrates Timecode Buddy Into Forscene Platform Via MovieSlate iOS App
- Goldcrest Post Adds High End Picture Finishing with DaVinci Resolve
- Miller Camera Support Equipment Stands Sturdy Amongst TV Azteca Station Upgrade
- Chandler Limited and Abbey Road Studios Announce Long-Term Agreement
- SMPTE Confers 'Fellow' Status on Eight Members of Motion-Imaging Technology Industry
- Nexidia and Telestream Announce Integration of Nexidia QC Caption Verification Tool Into Vantage Workflow Automation Environment
- SMPTE Announces 2014 Honorees and Award Winners
- CueScript Adds Visual Technologies India (VTI) to its Growing Slate of Worldwide Distributors
- September’s Free Workshops at Adorama Teach Photography, Mobile and Consumer Electronics to Include Everyone in Back to School Learning