Firmware Revision 1.03 Increases Compatibility of SDI Record Stop/Start Flags for All Leading Camera Manufacturers REEDSBURG, WI, NOVEMBER 29, 2011 — Sound Devices, experts in portable audio and video products for field production, has released an update for its new line of portable production video recorders—PIX 220 and PIX 240. Firmware version 1.03 offers PIX 240 users record stop/start flag support for all major camera manufacturers, plus time code support over HDMI for Sony FS 100 and other Sony NEX cameras. Additionally, Setup Menu customization and numerous other upgrades have been introduced. These new features are available as a no-charge firmware update to all PIX 220 and PIX 240 users. “This software update for the PIX 220 and PIX 240 demonstrates our awareness and responsiveness of our video customers’ needs. This is the same way we continue to develop firmware updates for our audio recorders and mixers,” says Paul Isaacs, technical development manager for Sound Devices. “These updates are taken directly from the requirements of our customers. We constantly investigate new ways to add features and value for our users.” PIX 220 and PIX 240 connect to cameras with HDMI (plus SDI on the PIX 240) and record directly to QuickTime using Apple’s ProRes or Avid’s DNxHD codec. Since PIX recorders use ProRes and DNxHD, files recorded in the field can be used directly in post production, making the workflow simple and fast. The PIX 240 adds even more flexibility, with its time code and sync generator, and simultaneous SDI and HDMI outputs. Both the PIX 220 and PIX 240 bring the company’s award-winning audio expertise and performance to their video products. Firmware revision 1.03 adds support for SDI record stop/start flags for Canon, Sony and ARRI cameras. This is in addition to the PIX 240’s existing support for RED and Panasonic cameras. SDI flag support allows users to control the PIX 240 directly from the camera without the need for time code adjustments. What’s more, PIX 240 now supports time code over HDMI for Sony FS100 and other Sony NEX cameras. With the update to revision 1.03, PIX 220 and PIX 240 offer customizable Setup Menu selections. Users can create default settings and simplify the Setup Menu to help further reduce setup time. These features, in addition to numerous other user-inspired updates, can be downloaded at no cost by visiting http://www.sounddevices.com/download/pix-firmware.htm. Sound Devices, LLC designs and manufactures portable audio mixers, digital recorders and related audio equipment for feature film, episodic television, documentary, news-gathering, and acoustical test and measurement applications. The twelve-year old company designs and manufactures from their Reedsburg, Wisconsin headquarters with additional offices in Madison, WI and Highland Park, IL. For more information, visit the Sound Devices website, www.sounddevices.com.
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOUND DEVICES ADDS POWERFUL CONTROL FEATURES TO PIX 220 AND PIX 240 VIDEO RECORDERS2011-11-29 14:52:32
- Chandler Limited REDD.47 Pre Amp GIVEAWAY
- Slovak TV Successfully Achieves Audio Loudness Compliance Around NUGEN Audio Loudness Management and Monitoring Tools
- Joseph Electronics to Carry Full Line of VITEC Products
- Digital Rebellion Reveals Major Updates to Kollaborate Cloud-Based Software Solution for Professional Video Workflows
- HARMAN’s AKG Launches New Drum Set Session I Microphone Set For High Performance in the Studio and on Stage
- Sundance Film “Being Evel” Completed Using Blackmagic Cameras, Teranex and DaVinci Resolve
- XL Video UK Invests In New Barco and Lightware Equipment
- HARMAN Professional to Provide Complete Tour Sound and Lighting System for NAMM 2015 Center Grand Plaza Main Stage
- HARMAN’s AKG K553PRO Studio Headphones Combine Closed-Back Performance and Open-Back Sound Quality
- AJA Boosts Support for Telestream Wirecast with Release of New v12.1 Software for KONA and Io