VIENNA, Austria – With a vision to bring international musicians together in a peaceful and fair contest, the Global Rockstar competition will once again rely on social media to find the best new musicians around the world. Bands, singers and musicians from all genres are invited to upload their original compositions to be put up against fellow international artists in an online voting contest. The Global Rockstar winners receive a prize package from HARMAN’s AKG, in addition to international recognition. “We launched Global Rockstar simply because we love music,” stated Christof Straub, Founder of Global Rockstar. “There is so much undiscovered talent that is worth a listen and we hope to provide a stage for all artists who believe in their art.” To ensure a fair outcome during the contest, a jury formed of social media users and an expert panel of music business professionals will choose those who advance throughout the contest. The highest voted songs and additional “wild card” votes from the panel will be in the running for $10,000 and an AKG prize pack worth more than $15,000, which includes: numerous D5, D7 and C214 microphones, K271 and K171 headphones and WMS470 instrument and vocal wireless system sets. For their loyalty, activeness and support, fans are also eligible to win AKG prizes. “Our motivation for supporting the Global Rockstar competition is its offering of a professional competition for young, up and coming musicians and an opportunity to present themselves internationally without a major recording deal,” said Walter Ruhrig, Artist and Key Customer Relations, AKG. “With AKG’s professional line of mics, headphones and wireless systems, these artists will be able to continue pursuing their dreams with professional-grade equipment, bringing out their best sound possible!” For more information and to register for the Global Rockstar competition, please visit: https://www.global-rockstar.com. Artists can upload their original songs on the site up to August 5, 2013. National pre-selections will end September 2 and one national winner from each country will be chosen for the global finals, which run from September 2 through December 20. HARMAN (www.HARMAN.com) designs, manufactures, and markets a wide range of audio, lighting and infotainment solutions for the automotive, consumer, and professional markets. It is a recognized world leader across its customer segments with premium brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, and Mark Levinson®, and leading-edge connectivity, safety and audio technologies. The company is admired by audiophiles across multiple generations and supports leading professional entertainers and the venues where they perform. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with Harman audio and infotainment systems. Harman has a workforce of about 14,300 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia and reported sales of $4.4 billion for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2012.
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Media Decides Winners For Global Rockstar Competition, Winners Receive HARMAN AKG Prize Package2013-07-11 11:50:57
- Chris Fetner, Mark Aitken, and Darcy Antonellis to Keynote at SMPTE 2014 Annual Technical Conference & Exhibition
- Richard Bevan Promoted to Senior Vice President/General Manager of WorldStage West
- Drama Republic and Eight Rooks use Aframe’s Cloud Video Platform To Expedite Collaboration on “The Honourable Woman”
- Forbidden to Present Two Sessions at IBC Content Everywhere Conference During IBC2014
- Projection Studio at Edinburgh Tattoo
- HARMAN’S AKG WMS4500 Wireless Microphone System and D7 Ltd Mic Keep Up With Carlos Elizalde’s Every Move
- Blackmagic Cinema Camera and DaVinci Resolve 11 Used on Owl City “Wolf Bite” Music Video
- GO AV Adds UDC 400 from High Resolution Systems for Control of Blackmagic Design’s 2ME ATEM Switcher
- Small Tree Provides End-to-End Workflow Solution for Advertising Agency
- Cobalt Prepares to Introduce European Market to A Significant Number of NEW Products at IBC 2014