In this :60 spot, Smoke & Mirrors NY creates a world beyond windows for global network, Ricoh. A Japanese employee has the daunting task of completing an important report in one day. We see the document traversing his company‘s worldwide hubs via the web, as he enjoys a night of sushi and karaoke. As we travel the globe, the sun through the office windows slowly sets from country to country, remaining a beacon for those working on the report. In the morning, the employee delivers the finished document to his boss. Looking like a hero and having done little, the importance of collaboration and power of technology are proven.
FROM Smoke & Mirrors:
In every scene with windows, what lies beyond has been added and art directed in post. It was shot specifically with this in mind and reflections were captured in each scene in order to realize the illusion believably.
View Media: Smoke & Mirrors NY Client Media Center
Spot Title: Sun
Air Date: August 2007
CD: Fernanda Romano
Art Director: Raj Kamble
Copywriter: Stephen Lundberg
Head of Integrated Production: Dominic Ferro
Producer: Josh Litwhiler
Prod Company: Believe Media
Director: Albert Kodagolian
EP: Gerard Cantor
Post/Effects: Smoke & Mirrors/NY
Lead VFX Artist: Brad Scott
VFX Support Artist(s): Jason Cunningham, Sam Caine
VFX Producer: Paul O‘Beirne
Head of Production: Cary Flaum
Editorial: Final Cut
Editor: Amanda James
Producer: Lily Crowley
Music: Squeak E Clean
Audio Post: Sound Lounge
Mixer: Eric Warzecha
About Smoke & Mirrors:
Founded by Creative Director Sean Broughton, CEO Penny Verbe and CTO Mark Wildig lead the New York and London-based design, animation and VFX studio Smoke & Mirrors. It has been synonymous with creativity, originality, and innovation since its inception.
Smoke & Mirrors has always succeeded because of its collaborative approach, building strong creative relationships with directors, producers, agencies and clients alike.
Each office fully is networked together with complementary systems allowing the facilities to share resources, expanding local capacity. Close involvement with manufacturers and developers has kept Smoke & Mirrors at the forefront of technology and on all levels.
Smoke & Mirrors diverse range of projects include: feature films from ranging from Harry Potter to James Bond, award winning commercials, music videos and television.
For additional information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to email@example.com.
SMOKE & MIRRORS BRINGS A LITTLE LIGHT TO RICOH2007-08-30 17:21:54
- Arch Enemy Finds an Ally in HARMAN’s Soundcraft Vi6 Digital Console
- BLACK FRIDAY SONNOX SALE IS BACK
- EastWest's New Complete Composers Collection 3 Included In Black Friday & Cyber Monday Sales
- FSR's New HuddleVU Collaboration System Earns Tech & Learning 2014 Award of Excellence
- Chicago’s Gordon West & Derek de Board Compete in Doritos “Crash the Super Bowl” Ad Contest
- Hitachi CP-WX8255 Projector Provides Tremendous Benefits to Olive Branch Community Church
- FuseFX Expands to New York and Vancouver
- Noted Surgeon Finds Live 3D Streaming and Recording from Matrox Monarch HD “Irreplaceable” for Live Teaching and Archiving
- Belmont University Reopens Legendary Columbia Studio A with HARMAN’s JBL M2 Master Reference Monitors
- Clay Paky Fixtures and grandMA2 Hit the Road with Fleetwood Mac