In this :60 spot, Smoke & Mirrors NY creates a world beyond windows for global network, Ricoh. A Japanese employee has the daunting task of completing an important report in one day. We see the document traversing his company‘s worldwide hubs via the web, as he enjoys a night of sushi and karaoke. As we travel the globe, the sun through the office windows slowly sets from country to country, remaining a beacon for those working on the report. In the morning, the employee delivers the finished document to his boss. Looking like a hero and having done little, the importance of collaboration and power of technology are proven.
FROM Smoke & Mirrors:
In every scene with windows, what lies beyond has been added and art directed in post. It was shot specifically with this in mind and reflections were captured in each scene in order to realize the illusion believably.
View Media: Smoke & Mirrors NY Client Media Center
Spot Title: Sun
Air Date: August 2007
CD: Fernanda Romano
Art Director: Raj Kamble
Copywriter: Stephen Lundberg
Head of Integrated Production: Dominic Ferro
Producer: Josh Litwhiler
Prod Company: Believe Media
Director: Albert Kodagolian
EP: Gerard Cantor
Post/Effects: Smoke & Mirrors/NY
Lead VFX Artist: Brad Scott
VFX Support Artist(s): Jason Cunningham, Sam Caine
VFX Producer: Paul O‘Beirne
Head of Production: Cary Flaum
Editorial: Final Cut
Editor: Amanda James
Producer: Lily Crowley
Music: Squeak E Clean
Audio Post: Sound Lounge
Mixer: Eric Warzecha
About Smoke & Mirrors:
Founded by Creative Director Sean Broughton, CEO Penny Verbe and CTO Mark Wildig lead the New York and London-based design, animation and VFX studio Smoke & Mirrors. It has been synonymous with creativity, originality, and innovation since its inception.
Smoke & Mirrors has always succeeded because of its collaborative approach, building strong creative relationships with directors, producers, agencies and clients alike.
Each office fully is networked together with complementary systems allowing the facilities to share resources, expanding local capacity. Close involvement with manufacturers and developers has kept Smoke & Mirrors at the forefront of technology and on all levels.
Smoke & Mirrors diverse range of projects include: feature films from ranging from Harry Potter to James Bond, award winning commercials, music videos and television.
For additional information, please contact: email@example.com
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SMOKE & MIRRORS BRINGS A LITTLE LIGHT TO RICOH2007-08-30 17:21:54
- Exclusive FUJINON Customer, PRG Nocturne, Adds 58 Lenses to Arsenal for High-End IMAG Production
- HARMAN’s Soundcraft Extends World-Class Vi Series with Vi5000 and Vi7000 Digital Mixing Consoles
- New Vi5000 and Vi7000 Digital Mixing Consoles from HARMAN’s Soundcraft Include Native Monitoring and Control of Shure ULX-D® and QLX-D™ Digital Wireless Systems
- Beam Shaping Has Never Been Easier Thanks to HARMAN’s JBL Professional Rapid DDS Software for Intellivox
- HARMAN’s JBL Professional Unveils JBL HiQnet Performance Manager™ Version 1.8.4 at Prolight & Sound 2015
- HARMAN’s JBL Professional Offers High Output and Precise Directivity Control with new Intellivox HP-DS130 Active Beam Shaping Loudspeaker Array
- HARMAN’s DigiTech Debuts TRIO Band Creator: A Band Inside a Stompbox
- “AT&T Playoff Playlist Live!” Concert Series Sparks Excitement During College Football Playoff Weekend with Clay Paky Sharpys
- HARMAN’s DigiTech Expands Sonic Horizons With Introduction of Polara Stereo Reverb Pedal
- HARMAN’s dbx Introduces DriveRack VENU360 Loudspeaker Management System With Mobile Device Control