In this :60 spot, Smoke & Mirrors NY creates a world beyond windows for global network, Ricoh. A Japanese employee has the daunting task of completing an important report in one day. We see the document traversing his company‘s worldwide hubs via the web, as he enjoys a night of sushi and karaoke. As we travel the globe, the sun through the office windows slowly sets from country to country, remaining a beacon for those working on the report. In the morning, the employee delivers the finished document to his boss. Looking like a hero and having done little, the importance of collaboration and power of technology are proven.
FROM Smoke & Mirrors:
In every scene with windows, what lies beyond has been added and art directed in post. It was shot specifically with this in mind and reflections were captured in each scene in order to realize the illusion believably.
View Media: Smoke & Mirrors NY Client Media Center
Spot Title: Sun
Air Date: August 2007
CD: Fernanda Romano
Art Director: Raj Kamble
Copywriter: Stephen Lundberg
Head of Integrated Production: Dominic Ferro
Producer: Josh Litwhiler
Prod Company: Believe Media
Director: Albert Kodagolian
EP: Gerard Cantor
Post/Effects: Smoke & Mirrors/NY
Lead VFX Artist: Brad Scott
VFX Support Artist(s): Jason Cunningham, Sam Caine
VFX Producer: Paul O‘Beirne
Head of Production: Cary Flaum
Editorial: Final Cut
Editor: Amanda James
Producer: Lily Crowley
Music: Squeak E Clean
Audio Post: Sound Lounge
Mixer: Eric Warzecha
About Smoke & Mirrors:
Founded by Creative Director Sean Broughton, CEO Penny Verbe and CTO Mark Wildig lead the New York and London-based design, animation and VFX studio Smoke & Mirrors. It has been synonymous with creativity, originality, and innovation since its inception.
Smoke & Mirrors has always succeeded because of its collaborative approach, building strong creative relationships with directors, producers, agencies and clients alike.
Each office fully is networked together with complementary systems allowing the facilities to share resources, expanding local capacity. Close involvement with manufacturers and developers has kept Smoke & Mirrors at the forefront of technology and on all levels.
Smoke & Mirrors diverse range of projects include: feature films from ranging from Harry Potter to James Bond, award winning commercials, music videos and television.
For additional information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to email@example.com.
SMOKE & MIRRORS BRINGS A LITTLE LIGHT TO RICOH2007-08-30 17:21:54
- EGRIPMENT SUPPORT SYSTEMS RINGS IN THE [CHINESE] NEW YEAR
- Bexel Opens New Location in New York City
- Telestream Expands Sales Team to Address International Growth
- Facilis TerraBlock Provides Advanced Shared Storage Facilities at Oslo Post Company
- WSDG BUTTONS UP GRAEME JUDD’S VEST-POCKET VO STUDIO
- Carousel Industries' Newest Simplicity Video Cloud Offering Launched in Partnership With Pexip(R)
- Myriad Productions Chooses FOR-A Video Switcher as Centerpiece of HD Upgrade at Albany’s Times Union Center
- “De Vrienden van Amstel Live 2015” Plays to Sold Out Crowds in Rotterdam With Support from d3 Media Servers
- New Orad Maestro Release Integrates MAM and Social Media, Giving Broadcasters Substantial Graphics Capabilities
- Fairlight Showcases the Future of Broadcast Audio at NAB 2015