Originally founded in 2012 to handle post-production on two feature film projects, Prodigi House in Jakarta soon acquired additional clients - including Samsung and Honda - seeking support with TV commercials. With additional projects and tighter deadlines, the company installed a Titanium16 shared storage system from Small Tree, the leader in simple, affordable and powerful Ethernet-based shared storage solutions for professionals engaging in the creation, management and delivery of electronic media and entertainment content. Featuring suites for offline and online editing, color grading and motion graphics, Prodigi House needed a centralized storage system with enough capacity, to allow the editing team to work on feature films and TV commercial projects simultaneously. Using Small Tree's Titanium16, featuring 32TB of storage, and six 10GbE cards, Prodigi House's editors are able to access media files quickly and easily from anywhere in the facility without experiencing the typical delays associated with multiple users accessing the storage server at the same time. As a startup company, one of the greatest benefits of using Small Tree's robust shared storage technology for Prodigi House was affordability. "Titanium gives us a solid, dependable and affordable system that we can trust without sacrificing performance," said Tijoe Yauw Leng (a.k.a. Oleng), technical director for the Indonesia-based company. "Given the short time and tight budget we had, Small Tree's easy-to-install, cost-friendly system was the ideal solution for Prodigi House." Utilizing popular industry applications such as Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Studio 3, Adobe Creative Suite 6, FilmLight Baselight and Smoke Advanced Linux across the studio's Mac Pro and iMac workstations, Prodigi House looked to Small Tree for its expertise with Mac 10Gb Ethernet networks. With an eye toward the future, the company was interested in a scalable storage solution that would grow along with them. "With the immediate growth we experienced, we needed to know that we could upgrade the storage and add more workstations to handle more projects," Oleng continued. "The ease in which storage can be added to the Titanium system played a substantial part in our decision to move forward with Small Tree. We know that we can add drives at any time to the Titanium to provide our editors with the storage capacity they need to complete client projects." For more information about Small Tree and its growing line of shared storage and networking products, visit www.small-tree.com. Follow Small Tree on Facebook at www.facebook.com/SmallTreeComm or on Twitter @SmallTreeComm.
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to email@example.com.
Small Tree Shared Storage Plays Vital Role in Boutique Post-Production Company's Rapid Growth2013-05-20 08:07:56
- 2014 Proves A Banner Year For iPi Soft
- ChyronHego Technology Gives Life to Tinker Bell and Other Stunning Visual Effects in NBC's 'Peter Pan Live!'
- QUANTUM TO SPEAK AT STORAGE VISIONS 2015
- Archimedia CMO to Address Media Collaboration Workflows at Storage Visions 2015
- Kelly Fair Named Wohler Vice President of Sales
- Australia's Staging Connections Upgrades Crown Melbourne Communications With Riedel Acrobat Intercom System
- Pro Sound Effects Hybrid Library Sale Ends December 31st
- SSE Hire Pilots HARMAN’s Soundcraft Vi6 Digital Console and Realtime Rack at Cambridge Folk Festival
- Canada’s Arden Theatre Delivers Robust Production With HARMAN’s Soundcraft Vi Consoles
- HARMAN’s JBL Professional Delivers Unrivalled Control and Low Cost of Ownership with New Intellivox 380 Series Loudspeakers