Originally founded in 2012 to handle post-production on two feature film projects, Prodigi House in Jakarta soon acquired additional clients - including Samsung and Honda - seeking support with TV commercials. With additional projects and tighter deadlines, the company installed a Titanium16 shared storage system from Small Tree, the leader in simple, affordable and powerful Ethernet-based shared storage solutions for professionals engaging in the creation, management and delivery of electronic media and entertainment content. Featuring suites for offline and online editing, color grading and motion graphics, Prodigi House needed a centralized storage system with enough capacity, to allow the editing team to work on feature films and TV commercial projects simultaneously. Using Small Tree's Titanium16, featuring 32TB of storage, and six 10GbE cards, Prodigi House's editors are able to access media files quickly and easily from anywhere in the facility without experiencing the typical delays associated with multiple users accessing the storage server at the same time. As a startup company, one of the greatest benefits of using Small Tree's robust shared storage technology for Prodigi House was affordability. "Titanium gives us a solid, dependable and affordable system that we can trust without sacrificing performance," said Tijoe Yauw Leng (a.k.a. Oleng), technical director for the Indonesia-based company. "Given the short time and tight budget we had, Small Tree's easy-to-install, cost-friendly system was the ideal solution for Prodigi House." Utilizing popular industry applications such as Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Studio 3, Adobe Creative Suite 6, FilmLight Baselight and Smoke Advanced Linux across the studio's Mac Pro and iMac workstations, Prodigi House looked to Small Tree for its expertise with Mac 10Gb Ethernet networks. With an eye toward the future, the company was interested in a scalable storage solution that would grow along with them. "With the immediate growth we experienced, we needed to know that we could upgrade the storage and add more workstations to handle more projects," Oleng continued. "The ease in which storage can be added to the Titanium system played a substantial part in our decision to move forward with Small Tree. We know that we can add drives at any time to the Titanium to provide our editors with the storage capacity they need to complete client projects." For more information about Small Tree and its growing line of shared storage and networking products, visit www.small-tree.com. Follow Small Tree on Facebook at www.facebook.com/SmallTreeComm or on Twitter @SmallTreeComm.
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to email@example.com.
Small Tree Shared Storage Plays Vital Role in Boutique Post-Production Company's Rapid Growth2013-05-20 08:07:56
- Limited Edition Producer Box Now Available To Order Through Kickstarter
- Jiangsu TV’s 3D Documentary “The Grand Canal” Edited and Graded with DaVinci Resolve Studio
- Sound Devices, LLC Announces Comprehensive Firmware Update for its Full Line of Rack-Mount Recorders
- AMIA Honors AMPAS with Keystone Award
- Raiffeisen Bank Deploys Riedel Media Network and Communications Gear for Massive Corporate Event
- Ariana Grande Tour Sparkles with Clay Paky and grandMA2
- iPi Soft Motion Capture Software Helps Mobile Content Developer AWE Create Historic-Themed Virtual Reality Content For Toronto’s Fort York
- Vaddio’s Enterprise-Class USB PTZ Conferencing Camera – Now Shipping
- Middle Atlantic Awards Over 350 Certificates During First Annual AV Academy in Honor of AV Month
- GPL Technologies Demonstrates NVIDIA Virtualization and Visualization Technology at Autodesk University