[caption id="attachment_35777" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Silverdale Baptist Church"][/caption]ankin Media Systems Inc. (MMS) of Franklin, Tennessee helped Chattanooga's Silverdale Baptist Church find a cost-effective lighting solution for the renovation of existing space into a 2,000-seat auditorium, which includes integration of 15 Aledin 85-watt LED profile spots from Robert Juliat. Initially, the church planned a new auditorium, but when funding shortfalls required significant budget cutbacks MMS was tasked with figuring out how to retrofit its lighting design into a room that could be renovated. MMS worked with structural engineers to design a catwalk to add lighting capabilities to the preexisting space while lowering the ceiling for a more intimate feel. The main challenge remained, however: a limit on the electrical supply to the facility since the cost of increasing power capacity to the room would be enormous. Power consumption therefore became a major consideration. The solution that MMS engineered was to specify LEDs for house and performance lighting since LEDs required significantly less power and offered a longer lifespan than conventional fixtures. Specifically, MMS chose 10 Robert Juliat Aledin 634SX-CW, three Aledin 631SX-CW and two Aledin 633SX-CW LED profile spots for the renovated space. "We selected Robert Juliat because they offered the only fixtures on the market that met our price point, had all the features we wanted - including moving shutters - and delivered the brightness we needed," says MMS project manager Stephen Roberts. Robert Juliat's Aledin LED profile spots were the first products of their type to achieve significant output and framing/projection ability from an extremely low-powered LED source. They are ideal choices for environments with limited power supplies. Having met the low power consumption and pricing needs of Silverdale Baptist Church the Aledins are now making their mark in terms of performance. "The client is very happy," Roberts reports. "The lights are working great. The church has had to do no maintenance on them, and although they move them around a lot they always perform just fine." About Robert Juliat Robert Juliat is a three-generation, independent family-run company dedicated to the manufacturing of professional stage lighting products. Robert Juliat lights are used by customers who include Cirque du Soleil, Celine Dion, New York's Lincoln Center, LA's Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, Bruce Springsteen, Disney Theme Parks, Carnegie Hall, The San Francisco Opera and Ballet, The Royal Shakespeare Company, The Comedie Francaise, The Sydney Opera House, plus theatres, schools and public venues around the world. R&D, production and the company headquarters are based in the village of Fresnoy-en-Thelle, 50 km north of Paris. Robert Juliat USA is located in Wallingford, Connecticut. For more information visit www.robertjuliatamerica.com.
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to email@example.com.
Robert Juliat Aledin LED Profile Spots Solve Power Needs of Silverdale Baptist Church2012-03-28 06:57:10
- Sound Devices, LLC Announces Comprehensive Firmware Update for its Full Line of Rack-Mount Recorders
- AMIA Honors AMPAS with Keystone Award
- Raiffeisen Bank Deploys Riedel Media Network and Communications Gear for Massive Corporate Event
- Ariana Grande Tour Sparkles with Clay Paky and grandMA2
- iPi Soft Motion Capture Software Helps Mobile Content Developer AWE Create Historic-Themed Virtual Reality Content For Toronto’s Fort York
- Vaddio’s Enterprise-Class USB PTZ Conferencing Camera – Now Shipping
- Middle Atlantic Awards Over 350 Certificates During First Annual AV Academy in Honor of AV Month
- GPL Technologies Demonstrates NVIDIA Virtualization and Visualization Technology at Autodesk University
- Record Number of Attendees Enjoys Rich Lineup of Speakers and Exhibitors at SMPTE(R) 2015 Annual Technical Conference & Exhibition
- Kids Wish Network and Sound Devices, LLC Grant Wish for Wisconsin Teen