Previews Magic Bullet Arsenal for the New iPad, Knoll Light Factory 3, Denoiser II and
Magic Bullet Looks 2 Support for FCP X and Media Composer;
World Premiere of Trapcode Mir
Seth Worley, Director of Plot Device, to Deliver Key Note at IMUG Media Motion BallPortland, OR (April 13, 2012) – Red Giant celebrates its 10 Year Anniversary at NAB 2012 in Las Vegas next week with the debut of six new product releases, including the preview of a new mobile, connected media portfolio app designed for Apple’s new iPad. In its booth #SL2124 in the Plug In Pavilion, Red Giant will demonstrate new updates to the Magic Bullet Suite, a new version of Knoll Light Factory, Denoiser II, and a sneak preview of Magic Bullet Arsenal, a mobile, connected media portfolio app for the new iPad. Trapcode Mir, the newest creation from Peder Norrby, will also make its worldwide debut to NAB 2012 audiences in the Red Giant theater. Red Giant is also excited to announce that Seth Worley, director and co-writer of the Webby Award-nominated short, Plot Device, will be the keynote speaker at the International Media Users Group (IMUG) MediaMotion Ball. The Media Motion Ball will be held Monday, April 16th at 5:30 pm in the East Ballrooms of the Monte Carlo Resort and Casino. Five New Red Giant Products at NAB The following products will be on display in the Red Giant booth during the show:
- Magic Bullet Arsenal (Coming Soon): Debuting for the first time anywhere, Magic Bullet Arsenal is a mobile, connected media portfolio app designed for Apple’s iPad. Arsenal allows any professional who uses photos and video to create rich, customized portfolios of images and movies on an iPad, and then easily share them using Dropbox, FTP or email. Magic Bullet Arsenal will work on all versions of the iPad, and is fully optimized for the stunning retina display on the new iPad. Arsenal will be available soon from the Apple Apps Store. Stay tuned for more details.
- Knoll Light Factory 3 (Coming Summer 2012): Knoll Light Factory 3 is a major update that adds new Hollywood-tested tools to its lens flares and light animations. This all-new release uses the light effect technology that VFX Supervisor John Knoll developed for recent feature films at Industrial Light & Magic. Knoll Light Factory 3 includes new features such as a redesigned interface, realistic flare elements, time-saving animation behaviors, and beautifully designed presets. Knoll Light Factory 3 keeps up its industry reputation of creating accurate, believable lights that look great in any film or design environment. Knoll Light Factory 3 is currently in beta and will be available this summer.
- Magic Bullet Looks 2 for Final Cut Pro X: Looks 2 is now available for Final Cut Pro X. Designed to bring high-end color finishing video editors projects of any budget or complexity. Red Giant’s engineers worked closely with Apple to make sure Looks 2 works perfectly in Final Cut Pro X, and Apple’s latest Final Cut Pro update fully resolves any render issues with Looks 2. Watch a video about new time-saving features in Looks 2 for Final Cut Pro X, or read more at the Red Room blog.
- Magic Bullet Looks 2 for Media Composer: As part of the Magic Bullet Suite 11.2 update, Red Giant is debuting Magic Bullet Looks 2, which now offers support for Avid Media Composer. Looks 2 is an industry-popular color treatment tool, with its new 2.0.5 update supporting Avid Media Composer 5.5/6.0. Looks gives filmmakers and editors a huge library of film looks that have been used for big-budget feature films like Angels & Demons and The Social Network, alongside the Webby Award-nominated indie film, Plot Device. Now editors can match Avid’s high performance NLE with Red Giant’s professional color correction tool, which includes color grading features from Colorista II and skin smoothing from Cosmo.
- Denoiser II: A completely re-built version of its popular Denoiser 1.0 tool for removing unwanted noise and artifacts from video footage, Denoiser II features intelligent default settings that provide immediate clean-up results when first applied to footage. Unlike other denoising tools and methods that can blur fine detail, Denoiser II’s smart default settings, along with advanced noise reducing tools, deliver sharp, clean and professional video results out of the gate. Denoiser II is available as a free update for Denoiser 1.0 and Magic Bullet Suite customers. Denoiser II support for Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro X, Final Cut Pro 7 and Avid Media Composer 6 are currently in development and is expected to ship in the Summer 2012.