HOLLYWOOD– Re-Recording Mixer Marshall Garlington has joined Todd-AO. Garlington has more than 75 feature films to his credit, including two films in the Twilight series, Rambo, Blade, the recent remake of Conan the Barbarian, and also extensive credits in large format (IMAX) films. He will primarily be based at Todd-AO’s Hollywood facility and team with Re-Recording Mixer Joe Barnett.“Marshall is a consummate professional who has produced a very impressive body of work, particularly in action movies,” said Robert C. Rosenthal, President of CSS Studios, Todd-AO’s parent company. “We are thrilled to welcome him into the Todd-AO family.” In explaining his move to Todd-AO, Garlington cited the company’s unparalleled resources and the quality of its staff. “I look forward to working with the Todd-AO team and the opportunity to work on high caliber, creatively challenging projects,” he said. Barnett, who has worked with Garlington on several projects, including the 2009 film Shrink, starring Kevin Spacey, looks forward to expanding their collaboration. “Marshall is a prodigious talent whose skills dovetail beautifully with mine,” Barnett said. Garlington has recently been working as a freelancer. His recent film credits include Hesher, Traitor, A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas and Delta Farce. His television credits include Lie to Me, The Inside and Las Vegas. He received an Emmy nomination in 2002 for the television movie The Lost Battalion. About CSS STUDIOS, LLC Hollywood, California-based CSS Studios® is a wholly owned subsidiary of Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK), the world’s number one nonfiction media company reaching more than 1.5 billion cumulative subscribers in over 180 countries. CSS Studios provides creative post production sound services to major motion picture studios, independent producers, broadcast networks, cable channels, advertising agencies and interactive producers. The services of CSS Studios are marketed under the brand names Todd-AO®, Sound One, Soundelux®, POP Sound®, Modern Music, Soundelux Design Music Group and The Hollywood Edge, with facilities in Los Angeles and New York. With more than 50 years of experience in providing creative sound services and technical solutions, the companies, collectively, have garnered more than 50 Academy Award nominations and won 26 Academy Awards®.
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Re-Recording Mixer Marshall Garlington Joins Todd-AO2011-11-21 09:50:03
- Bexel Opens New Location in New York City
- Telestream Expands Sales Team to Address International Growth
- Facilis TerraBlock Provides Advanced Shared Storage Facilities at Oslo Post Company
- WSDG BUTTONS UP GRAEME JUDD’S VEST-POCKET VO STUDIO
- Carousel Industries' Newest Simplicity Video Cloud Offering Launched in Partnership With Pexip(R)
- Myriad Productions Chooses FOR-A Video Switcher as Centerpiece of HD Upgrade at Albany’s Times Union Center
- “De Vrienden van Amstel Live 2015” Plays to Sold Out Crowds in Rotterdam With Support from d3 Media Servers
- New Orad Maestro Release Integrates MAM and Social Media, Giving Broadcasters Substantial Graphics Capabilities
- Fairlight Showcases the Future of Broadcast Audio at NAB 2015
- IKA Collective Produces Emotional Launch Campaign For Discovery Life Channel