Dual Projector, 4K 3D and HFR Technology Leader Now DCI Compliant Burbank, CA: Dec. 11, 2012... Qube Cinema announced that its XP-I digital cinema server and Xi 4K Integrated Media Block (IMB) have passed the DCI Compliance Test Plan (CTP). The high performance, security and reliability of the XP-I and Xi IMB have been confirmed by these tests. This server-IMB combination accommodates 4K resolution and is the ultimate setup for high frame rate (HFR) exhibition, making it essential for today's digital cinema. The DCI compliance testing was conducted by CineCert. To pass the CTP, the Qube XP-I streamed 2K and 4K DCP content to the Xi IMB embedded in a Barco DP4K-32B DCI-compliant projector. The Qube XP-I server now joins the Qube XP-D server, which achieved DCI certification earlier this year. "The performance and dependability of Qube servers and the Xi 4K IMB that exhibitors have come to expect has been validated," said Rajesh Ramachandran, president and CTO of Qube Cinema. "Achieving DCI compliance reinforces our commitment to provide postproduction facilities and exhibitors with the means of creating and showing the best 4K and HFR content." The XP-I server is capable of streaming up to 1 Gbps of data from a single DCP to two synchronized Xi 4K IMBs imbedded in two projectors for pristine 4K 3D cinema at up to 60 fps (30 fps per eye) and in 2K 3D at up to 240 fps (120 fps per eye). The XP-I streams data through a dual Gigabit Ethernet interface to the Ethernet-based Xi 4K IMB, ensuring that there is no limitation on the distance between the server and projector. The Xi 4K IMB is installed in numerous commercial locations worldwide with DLP Cinema projectors from all of the TI OEMs and supports HD, 2K, 4K and 3D content in DCI-compliant formats. The modularized third-generation Qube XP software gives a common user experience for setup, operation and maintenance of both the XP-I and XP-D servers. This allows XP-D users to upgrade easily to the XP-I and Xi IMB to accommodate 4K resolution and higher frame rates. With their high bit rate throughput and unique ability to work transparently with dual projectors, the XP-I server and Xi 4K IMB are also ideal for giant screen exhibition. The Qube XP-I digital cinema server and Xi 4K IMB are available from Qube Cinema and its worldwide network of resellers. For more information, visit qubecinema.com. About Qube Cinema, Inc. Qube Cinema is an international manufacturer of Digital Cinema technology and mastering solutions. A subsidiary of India-based Real Image Media Technologies, Qube Cinema draws on decades of experience in media, cinema and entertainment. The company is committed to creating a seamless Digital Cinema environment for exhibitors, filmmakers and postproduction companies with technologies that are innovative, flexible and cost-effective. Qube Cinema's product lines include the Qube XP series of digital cinema servers, Qube Xi 4K Integrated Media Block, QubeMaster software solutions, and Qube KeySmith KDM generation system. Qube Cinema, Inc. is based in Burbank, California. For more information, visit www.qubecinema.com.
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to email@example.com.
Qube Cinema XP-I Server and Xi 4K Integrated Media Block (IMB) Achieve DCI Compliance2012-12-10 14:02:03
- The SIM Group to Hold Annual Technology Showcase January 29th in Toronto
- Hairel Enterprises Picks Vista Systems’ Spyder for Video Projection System in Faith Bible’s New Sanctuary
- Chandler Limited REDD.47 Pre Amp GIVEAWAY
- Slovak TV Successfully Achieves Audio Loudness Compliance Around NUGEN Audio Loudness Management and Monitoring Tools
- Joseph Electronics to Carry Full Line of VITEC Products
- Digital Rebellion Reveals Major Updates to Kollaborate Cloud-Based Software Solution for Professional Video Workflows
- HARMAN’s AKG Launches New Drum Set Session I Microphone Set For High Performance in the Studio and on Stage
- Sundance Film “Being Evel” Completed Using Blackmagic Cameras, Teranex and DaVinci Resolve
- XL Video UK Invests In New Barco and Lightware Equipment
- HARMAN Professional to Provide Complete Tour Sound and Lighting System for NAMM 2015 Center Grand Plaza Main Stage