Digital Cinema Manufacturer Establishes Technical Support Presence for Cinema Owners Melbourne, Australia: May 7, 2013. . . Qube Cinema announced the appointment of Lewis Thorne as their official Level 2 technical support specialist for Australia and New Zealand. Thorne brings many years of experience in the digital cinema industry to his new position, strengthening Qube's presence in the region. Users of Qube Cinema's digital cinema servers, Integrated Media Blocks (IMBs), and postproduction mastering and distribution products now have full local technical support. "Lewis has a thorough knowledge of Qube's XP-D and XP-I digital cinema servers and the Xi 4K IMB," said Raja Enok, director of sales and marketing for Qube Cinema in Asia. "He's been involved in the field testing of the XP-D server and Xi IMBs, and has worked with independent cinema owners in the area for a long time." Both the XP-D and XP-I are DCI certified, using Qube's version 3.0 server software, which provides a common user experience for setup, operation and maintenance for either server while integrating seamlessly with all theater management system software including the Cinedigm TCC. The XP-I and Xi 4K IMB are compatible with Series 2 DLP projectors. XP-D users can easily upgrade to the XP-I and Xi IMB to accommodate 4K resolution, higher frame rates and 3D content. The DCI upgrade for Qube servers in the field will be coordinated by the Independent Cinema Association of Australia's Network Operations Centre (ICAA NOC) and be conducted by Thorne in conjunction with each cinema's usual maintenance provider. "Lewis is well-known to many ICAA cinema owners and understands the support requirements of independent cinemas and their equipment," Enok explained. "We're excited to see things growing so quickly in Australia and New Zealand." Requests for equipment support for ICAA cinemas should be directed through the ICAA NOC, at 1300-306-857. Lewis Thorne can be reached at 0420-989-515 or email@example.com. For more information about Qube Cinema and its digital cinema products, visit www.qubecinema.com. About Qube Cinema, Inc. Qube Cinema is an international manufacturer of Digital Cinema technology and mastering solutions. A subsidiary of India-based Real Image Media Technologies, Qube Cinema draws on decades of experience in media, cinema and entertainment. The company is committed to creating a seamless Digital Cinema environment for exhibitors, filmmakers and postproduction companies with technologies that are innovative, flexible and cost-effective. Qube Cinema's product lines include the Qube XP series of digital cinema servers, Qube Xi 4K Integrated Media Block, QubeMaster software solutions, and Qube KeySmith KDM generation system. Qube Cinema, Inc. is based in Burbank, California. For more information, visit www.qubecinema.com.
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qube Cinema Appoints Lewis Thorne as Tech Support Specialist for Australia and New Zealand2013-05-07 17:21:33
- SMPTE Confers 'Fellow' Status on Eight Members of Motion-Imaging Technology Industry
- Nexidia and Telestream Announce Integration of Nexidia QC Caption Verification Tool Into Vantage Workflow Automation Environment
- SMPTE Announces 2014 Honorees and Award Winners
- CueScript Adds Visual Technologies India (VTI) to its Growing Slate of Worldwide Distributors
- September’s Free Workshops at Adorama Teach Photography, Mobile and Consumer Electronics to Include Everyone in Back to School Learning
- HARMAN Professional to Unveil New Products at BIRTV 2014 In Beijing
- AKA NYC Brings “ONCE” to the Web via Campaign at Vulture.com
- Encore Taps Jennifer Tellefsen for VP, VFX Role
- Clay Paky Sharpys and grandMA2 Consoles Hit the Road with Journey and the Steve Miller Band’s Summer Tour
- Pronology Brings Tapeless Workflows Directly To the Set with Its Digital Asset Management SaaS Capabilities