Christie®, a world leader in advanced cinema technologies and visual displays, is pleased to announce that Dr. Paul Salvini, its Chief Technology Officer, will be a featured speaker at the 2nd annual Toronto International Stereoscopic 3D Conference taking place at the Bell TIFF Lightbox Theatre from September 20 to 23. . Dr. Salvini is one of two speakers on the topic of Laser Projection scheduled for 2:30 p.m. on Sunday, September 22 in Cinema 2. His presentation will focus on recent technological advances in laser projection and how these will influence the future of cinema and visual display projection techniques. The second speaker is Peter Ludé, a prominent engineering leader in broadcast and digital media, who will highlight the regulatory and safety issues raised by this leading edge technology. Both speakers will be available for a Q&A session following their presentations. . Dr. Salvini has led award-winning teams of engineers and software developers in bringing to market advanced visualization, simulation and display technologies. He has worked with 3D animation for major Hollywood film studios and has expertise in turning complex data sets into visualization solutions for defense and academic entities, as well as for the entertainment world. . Dr. Salvini has an equally accomplished academic career. Currently president of the University of Waterloo Alumni Council and holding appointments as Adjunct Professor of Engineering and KMDI Senior Research Fellow at the University of Toronto, he also serves on a number of boards relating to digital media research in the areas of graphics information visualization and 3D film innovation. . Mr. Ludé most recently was Senior Vice President of Sony’s Silicon Valley research and development labs where his work included workflow software for movie production, stereoscopic imaging and the next generation of 4K laser projectors for digital cinema. He is a past President of the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers and also co-founder and past Chairman of the Laser Illuminated Projector Association (http://lipainfo.org/). . The conference is an unique international gathering of creative, scientific and business minds discussing, discovering and inspiring innovation in “Stereoscopic 3D” cinema. Brought together by the 3D Film Innovation Consortium, it offers the highest quality discussions on the creative, scientific and business challenges and possibilities of stereoscopic 3D.
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to email@example.com.
Paul Salvini, Christie CTO, Featured Speaker at Toronto International Stereoscopic 3D Conference2013-09-20 10:01:03
- Lady Gaga Launches ArtRave Tour with Clay Paky Fixtures and grandMA2 Consoles Joining Her on the Road
- Forbidden Integrates Timecode Buddy Into Forscene Platform Via MovieSlate iOS App
- Goldcrest Post Adds High End Picture Finishing with DaVinci Resolve
- Miller Camera Support Equipment Stands Sturdy Amongst TV Azteca Station Upgrade
- Chandler Limited and Abbey Road Studios Announce Long-Term Agreement
- SMPTE Confers 'Fellow' Status on Eight Members of Motion-Imaging Technology Industry
- Nexidia and Telestream Announce Integration of Nexidia QC Caption Verification Tool Into Vantage Workflow Automation Environment
- SMPTE Announces 2014 Honorees and Award Winners
- CueScript Adds Visual Technologies India (VTI) to its Growing Slate of Worldwide Distributors
- September’s Free Workshops at Adorama Teach Photography, Mobile and Consumer Electronics to Include Everyone in Back to School Learning