Enhanced HD Pathway Enables PacTV to Directly Manage Customer Content WASHINGTON, D.C., FEBRUARY 06, 2013 - Pacific Television Center (PacTV), a Los Angeles-based independent global transmission and production company, is pleased to announce the completion of its new 24/7 virtual MCR in Washington D.C. An enhancement of PacTV's existing network in Washington D.C., this hub includes a new dark fiber network within the city and increased long haul fiber capacity (OC12) for HD/SD access to PacTV's entire portfolio of global resources. "We can now offer our clients a fully managed end-to-end solution in Washington, DC," says Nick Castaneda, V.P. Development, PacTV. "Our clients based in and around Washington, D.C. come to us for a variety of services. This gives us the capability to deliver all of their content in a more eloquent manner. And given the current demand for news and political coverage around the world, this move further solidifies our global footprint." The new hub utilizes the latest dark fiber technology. This enables clients including, C-SPAN, ITN and AuBC to have local uncompressed HD connectivity. This technology provides PacTV extensive flexibility in serving the D.C. market now and into the future. In addition, PacTV has increased the long haul capacity to D.C. to an OC12 so it can now utilize JPEG 2000 compression for visually lossless delivery of HD/SD content. Customers can now receive reliable and fast point-to-point access to global news and media at an affordable price point. "By expanding our connectivity to an OC12, we can provide more HD-capable streams via a point-to-point circuit that is instant-no stops, no delays-just immediate access to the newsworthy and timely content our clients are seeking," adds Michael Barnes, engineer, PacTV New York. "In essence, we have built a virtual hub in D.C. that can be controlled by our facilities in New York, Los Angeles and London."
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PACIFIC TELEVISION CENTER LAUNCHES 24/7 VIRTUAL POP IN WASHINGTON, D.C.2013-02-06 17:16:41
- 2014 Proves A Banner Year For iPi Soft
- ChyronHego Technology Gives Life to Tinker Bell and Other Stunning Visual Effects in NBC's 'Peter Pan Live!'
- QUANTUM TO SPEAK AT STORAGE VISIONS 2015
- Archimedia CMO to Address Media Collaboration Workflows at Storage Visions 2015
- Kelly Fair Named Wohler Vice President of Sales
- Australia's Staging Connections Upgrades Crown Melbourne Communications With Riedel Acrobat Intercom System
- Pro Sound Effects Hybrid Library Sale Ends December 31st
- SSE Hire Pilots HARMAN’s Soundcraft Vi6 Digital Console and Realtime Rack at Cambridge Folk Festival
- Canada’s Arden Theatre Delivers Robust Production With HARMAN’s Soundcraft Vi Consoles
- HARMAN’s JBL Professional Delivers Unrivalled Control and Low Cost of Ownership with New Intellivox 380 Series Loudspeakers