Enhanced HD Pathway Enables PacTV to Directly Manage Customer Content WASHINGTON, D.C., FEBRUARY 06, 2013 - Pacific Television Center (PacTV), a Los Angeles-based independent global transmission and production company, is pleased to announce the completion of its new 24/7 virtual MCR in Washington D.C. An enhancement of PacTV's existing network in Washington D.C., this hub includes a new dark fiber network within the city and increased long haul fiber capacity (OC12) for HD/SD access to PacTV's entire portfolio of global resources. "We can now offer our clients a fully managed end-to-end solution in Washington, DC," says Nick Castaneda, V.P. Development, PacTV. "Our clients based in and around Washington, D.C. come to us for a variety of services. This gives us the capability to deliver all of their content in a more eloquent manner. And given the current demand for news and political coverage around the world, this move further solidifies our global footprint." The new hub utilizes the latest dark fiber technology. This enables clients including, C-SPAN, ITN and AuBC to have local uncompressed HD connectivity. This technology provides PacTV extensive flexibility in serving the D.C. market now and into the future. In addition, PacTV has increased the long haul capacity to D.C. to an OC12 so it can now utilize JPEG 2000 compression for visually lossless delivery of HD/SD content. Customers can now receive reliable and fast point-to-point access to global news and media at an affordable price point. "By expanding our connectivity to an OC12, we can provide more HD-capable streams via a point-to-point circuit that is instant-no stops, no delays-just immediate access to the newsworthy and timely content our clients are seeking," adds Michael Barnes, engineer, PacTV New York. "In essence, we have built a virtual hub in D.C. that can be controlled by our facilities in New York, Los Angeles and London."
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PACIFIC TELEVISION CENTER LAUNCHES 24/7 VIRTUAL POP IN WASHINGTON, D.C.2013-02-06 17:16:41
- Technicolor-PostWorks Crafts a Period Look for "Stonehearst Asylum"
- Trumpeter Farnell Newton is “Ready to Roll” with HARMAN’s AKG Microphones
- Howling Music’s Timothy Williams Scores Big with “Guardians of the Galaxy” at Abbey Road
- Noted Director Jay Silverman Releases Movie Trailer and Website for His First Feature Film "Girl on the Edge;"
- Simian 3.0 Makes Media Management Faster, Simplified and More Powerful
- A Common Thread’s Clay Staub Directs Zombie Invasion for Universal Studios’ Halloween Horror Nights
- Hawthorne Direct Promotes John Pucci to Chief Marketing & Creative Officer
- Arrow Media Uses Aframe To Rapidly Move Dailies During Innovative Production Of “Ultimate Airport Dubai”
- Tiffen Invites Imagemakers to Share Their Imagination, Inspiration and Innovation with Tiffen ImageMaker Blog Site
- Church On The Rock at the Golden Triangle Upgrades to HARMAN’s Soundcraft Vi3000