HEBDEN BRIDGE, U.K. -- Jan. 30, 2013 -- Calrec has won its first Turkish customer with the sale of an Omega digital audio console to HD Protek, Turkey's largest independent outside broadcast (OB) company. The Istanbul-based live-broadcast production company has installed the Omega in its new OB truck to serve as both the audio console and audio router when covering live sports. "When we decided to build a third OB unit, we designed one that was better suited than our other two trucks to accommodate customers that don't require a complex production setup," said Yucel Ozacar, HD Protek's general manager. "The Omega console provides exactly the right combination of I/O density and functionality for our customers, and no one could beat the price for the configuration we needed. Another deciding factor for us was Calrec's stellar reputation in the industry." HD Protek installed a 32-fader Omega console in a 40-fader chassis for future expansion. The console went into the new HDP03 truck, which became operational at the beginning of the year and mainly covers sports. Since that time, it has covered a number of live soccer games including some Turkish Cup matches. Turkish systems integrator Teratek handled the sale for Calrec along with installation and support. "The Turkish market is a good expansion for Calrec, particularly since we're working with such a high-profile client as HD Protek," said Anthony Harrison, Calrec's Middle East and Africa sales manager. "The service that Teratek provided in helping with the installation and integration will ensure that this first for Calrec will be a great success." More information about the Omega console and other Calrec products is available at calrec.com. # # # About Calrec Audio Ltd. Calrec Audio, part of D&M Holdings Inc., is exclusively dedicated to excellence in audio mixing for on-air and live production. A broadcast specialist for more than 40 years, Calrec has developed a range of digital consoles relied on by the world's most successful broadcasters. For putting sound in the picture, broadcasters put their trust in Calrec. More information is available at www.calrec.com and www.community.calrec.com. Photo Link: www.wallstcom.com/Calrec/HDProtek.zip
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to email@example.com.
Omega Console to Turkish OB Leader HD Protek Marks Calrec's First Sale in Turkey2013-01-31 14:40:33
- Re:church Breaks Conventional Boundaries with HARMAN’s Soundcraft Si Expression 1 Console
- HARMAN’s Studer Proves Big Solutions Can Be Found in Small Packages at TAB Convention & Trade Show
- Sound Designers: Try NYC Ambisonics for Free!
- XL Video Supports Nordoff Robbins for 40th O2 Silver Clef Awards Anniversary
- 12Stone Church Selects FOR-A HVS-100 Portable Video Switchers for Use at New Remote Campuses
- SMPTE(R) and HPA(R) Issue Call for Entries for SMPTE-HPA Student Film Festival
- IBC2015 NETIA Product Preview
- New Forscene Features and Hands-On Demo at IBC2015
- Zylight Offers ‘Summer Savings’ Rebate Program
- Blackmagic Design Sponsors American Cinema Editors at EditFest Los Angeles