HEBDEN BRIDGE, U.K. -- Jan. 30, 2013 -- Calrec has won its first Turkish customer with the sale of an Omega digital audio console to HD Protek, Turkey's largest independent outside broadcast (OB) company. The Istanbul-based live-broadcast production company has installed the Omega in its new OB truck to serve as both the audio console and audio router when covering live sports. "When we decided to build a third OB unit, we designed one that was better suited than our other two trucks to accommodate customers that don't require a complex production setup," said Yucel Ozacar, HD Protek's general manager. "The Omega console provides exactly the right combination of I/O density and functionality for our customers, and no one could beat the price for the configuration we needed. Another deciding factor for us was Calrec's stellar reputation in the industry." HD Protek installed a 32-fader Omega console in a 40-fader chassis for future expansion. The console went into the new HDP03 truck, which became operational at the beginning of the year and mainly covers sports. Since that time, it has covered a number of live soccer games including some Turkish Cup matches. Turkish systems integrator Teratek handled the sale for Calrec along with installation and support. "The Turkish market is a good expansion for Calrec, particularly since we're working with such a high-profile client as HD Protek," said Anthony Harrison, Calrec's Middle East and Africa sales manager. "The service that Teratek provided in helping with the installation and integration will ensure that this first for Calrec will be a great success." More information about the Omega console and other Calrec products is available at calrec.com. # # # About Calrec Audio Ltd. Calrec Audio, part of D&M Holdings Inc., is exclusively dedicated to excellence in audio mixing for on-air and live production. A broadcast specialist for more than 40 years, Calrec has developed a range of digital consoles relied on by the world's most successful broadcasters. For putting sound in the picture, broadcasters put their trust in Calrec. More information is available at www.calrec.com and www.community.calrec.com. Photo Link: www.wallstcom.com/Calrec/HDProtek.zip
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Omega Console to Turkish OB Leader HD Protek Marks Calrec's First Sale in Turkey2013-01-31 14:40:33
- 2014 Proves A Banner Year For iPi Soft
- ChyronHego Technology Gives Life to Tinker Bell and Other Stunning Visual Effects in NBC's 'Peter Pan Live!'
- QUANTUM TO SPEAK AT STORAGE VISIONS 2015
- Archimedia CMO to Address Media Collaboration Workflows at Storage Visions 2015
- Kelly Fair Named Wohler Vice President of Sales
- Australia's Staging Connections Upgrades Crown Melbourne Communications With Riedel Acrobat Intercom System
- Pro Sound Effects Hybrid Library Sale Ends December 31st
- SSE Hire Pilots HARMAN’s Soundcraft Vi6 Digital Console and Realtime Rack at Cambridge Folk Festival
- Canada’s Arden Theatre Delivers Robust Production With HARMAN’s Soundcraft Vi Consoles
- HARMAN’s JBL Professional Delivers Unrivalled Control and Low Cost of Ownership with New Intellivox 380 Series Loudspeakers