LEEDS, U.K. -- Dec. 6, 2012 -- NUGEN Audio, creator of intuitive tools for audio professionals, today announced that its ISL True-Peak limiter plug-in now supports Avid(R) AAX format for editors that use Avid's popular editing software. "Avid created the AAX format with future expansion in mind, so it is only going to become more relevant to our customers," said Jon Schorah, NUGEN Audio creative director. "Our customers who rely on Avid editing tools can be certain that ISL will continue to be compatible with Avid products as they measure and correct for inter-sample levels in their audio." Avid developed the 64-bit-ready AAX format to enable better integration among different Avid workflows. The format ensures that audio professionals can continue editing as they always have, even as systems and technologies evolve. Sound engineers using the ISL AAX plug-in have complete control over True Peak levels in audio signals, from mono to 5.1. ISL ensures compliance with loudness standards and protects against distortion that can be introduced when codecs such as MP3 and AAC are applied downstream. Designed for the transparent limiting of relatively dynamic high-quality audio, ISL can also be used to hard-limit and reduce dynamic range where required. With this ISL update, NUGEN also introduces iLok licensing, an alternative to the existing licensing system for those who find iLok more convenient. The ISL AAX plug-in is available now. AAX updates will be coming to the rest of the NUGEN Audio range in the coming months. More information about ISL and other NUGEN Audio products is available at www.nugenaudio.com. # # # About NUGEN Audio NUGEN Audio creates innovative, intuitive professional audio tools for high-end music producers, post-production engineers, and broadcasters. Reflecting the real-world production experience of the design team, the company's products make it easier to deliver better quality, save time, and reduce costs. NUGEN Audio's tools for audio analysis, loudness metering, mixing/mastering, and tracking are used by the world's top names in broadcast, music, and audio production. For more information, visit www.nugenaudio.com.
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NUGEN Audio's ISL True-Peak Limiter Now Available in Avid(R) AAX Format2012-12-06 14:01:22
- GO AV Adds UDC 400 from High Resolution Systems for Control of Blackmagic Design’s 2ME ATEM Switcher
- Small Tree Provides End-to-End Workflow Solution for Advertising Agency
- Cobalt Prepares to Introduce European Market to A Significant Number of NEW Products at IBC 2014
- “The Reel Thing” Film Restoration and Preservation Symposium, Slated for August 21 – 23 in Hollywood
- Electrosonic Provides AV Expertise to New Discovery Park of America
- Gear Up to Go Back to School with Discounts on Boinx Software’s Award-Winning Educational Apps
- DPA Microphones Was The Impresario Of Aspen Opera Theater Center
- Coeur d’Alene Church of the Nazarene Elevates Its Sound System With HARMAN’s JBL Loudspeakers and Soundcraft Digital Consoles
- grandMA2 Consoles with VPU plus Amp Up the Visual Energy at the Electric Forest Festival
- Pronology Features Latest Digital Asset Management Tools At the 2014 IBC Show