LEEDS, U.K. -- Dec. 6, 2012 -- NUGEN Audio, creator of intuitive tools for audio professionals, today announced that its ISL True-Peak limiter plug-in now supports Avid(R) AAX format for editors that use Avid's popular editing software. "Avid created the AAX format with future expansion in mind, so it is only going to become more relevant to our customers," said Jon Schorah, NUGEN Audio creative director. "Our customers who rely on Avid editing tools can be certain that ISL will continue to be compatible with Avid products as they measure and correct for inter-sample levels in their audio." Avid developed the 64-bit-ready AAX format to enable better integration among different Avid workflows. The format ensures that audio professionals can continue editing as they always have, even as systems and technologies evolve. Sound engineers using the ISL AAX plug-in have complete control over True Peak levels in audio signals, from mono to 5.1. ISL ensures compliance with loudness standards and protects against distortion that can be introduced when codecs such as MP3 and AAC are applied downstream. Designed for the transparent limiting of relatively dynamic high-quality audio, ISL can also be used to hard-limit and reduce dynamic range where required. With this ISL update, NUGEN also introduces iLok licensing, an alternative to the existing licensing system for those who find iLok more convenient. The ISL AAX plug-in is available now. AAX updates will be coming to the rest of the NUGEN Audio range in the coming months. More information about ISL and other NUGEN Audio products is available at www.nugenaudio.com. # # # About NUGEN Audio NUGEN Audio creates innovative, intuitive professional audio tools for high-end music producers, post-production engineers, and broadcasters. Reflecting the real-world production experience of the design team, the company's products make it easier to deliver better quality, save time, and reduce costs. NUGEN Audio's tools for audio analysis, loudness metering, mixing/mastering, and tracking are used by the world's top names in broadcast, music, and audio production. For more information, visit www.nugenaudio.com.
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NUGEN Audio's ISL True-Peak Limiter Now Available in Avid(R) AAX Format2012-12-06 14:01:22
- New Clay Paky Stormy Fixtures Join Slipknot Tour
- NETIA Products at CABSAT 2015
- Archimedia Announces Atlas Player Support for 4K 60p and HDR Content on Any Display
- SSL C10 CONSOLE AIDS IN THE SHOPPING CHANNEL'S MOVE TO HD PRODUCTION
- New Quantum Solutions Integrate the Cloud Into Multi-Tier, Hybrid Storage Architectures for Demanding Data Workloads
- Calrec Audio Launches New Optimized Summa Processor Rack and Modular MADI Solution
- Harmonic Appoints Dario Choi Regional Vice President of Sales, Asia-Pacific
- 2015 HPA Tech Retreat(r) Unveils Expanded Session Schedule
- Once Upon a Time DP Stephen Jackson Uses Blackmagic Cinema Cameras
- LOWER EASTSIDE GIRLS CLUB INTRODUCES WSDG-DESIGNED AIRSTREAM TRAILER RECORDING, BROADCAST & TEACHING STUDIO