Post-production veteran sees great potential for growing preservation and restoration business worldwide. HOLLYWOOD—MTI Film has appointed Jim Hannafin as Senior Vice President for Business Development. Hannafin, who arrives with more than 25 years of senior level experience in post-production, will focus on growing the company’s film preservation and restoration business, domestically and globally. MTI Film is one of the world’s leading independent providers of film restoration tools and services, with recent projects including a 4K restoration of Lawrence of Arabia for Sony Pictures.“Jim is a great addition to our team,” said MTI Film CEO Larry Chernoff. “He brings proven sales and marketing skills, as well as broad experience in film restoration. We expect to benefit greatly from his insight and leadership as we continue to develop that aspect of our business and take advantage of growth opportunities worldwide.” Hannafin previously served as Director of Global Business Development for Reliance Mediaworks. His focus there was also on film preservation and restoration, and in developing strategic relationships with studios, content owners and service providers. His experience also includes senior sales positions with Ascent Media, Fotokem and Deluxe Laboratories. Hannafin has a background in finance and earlier in his career served as Chief Financial Officer for Technicolor. Hannafin sees great potential for MTI Film to grow, pointing toward rapidly escalating demand for high quality restoration services in the United States and in foreign markets. “My role is to build global awareness for MTI Film’s unique combination of talent and technology,” he said. “There are tens of millions of feet of film in markets around the world that are in critical need of preservation and restoration. That creates a unique opportunity for MTI Film, a company that has consistently set the bar for quality and service.” About MTI Film LLC Since 1997 MTI Film has provided award winning software applications to the post-production industry with a focus on technology for digital film restoration and digital dailies. With strong ties to our customers and an in-house services arm providing real-world, real-time development experience, MTI Film offers the most advanced, efficient and user-friendly applications on the market. MTI Film products include Correct DRS™, Control Dailies and Convey, and introducing the Cortex family - a simple, powerful and coherent digital workflow solution from pre-production through post-production. For more information visit www.mtifilm.com.
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MTI Film Hires Jim Hannafin to Lead Restoration Business2013-03-14 13:47:57
- SoCal’s Largest Hotel Tunes Into Symetrix SymNet for Major Conference Center PA
- European Debut for Facilis' New Shared Storage and Asset Tracking Products at IBC 2015; Spotlights Partnerships with Technology Leaders
- Providence Baptist Church Brightens Services with Hitachi CP-X8160 Projectors
- Crystal Vision’s unique solution to picture squeezing
- XL Video Brings a Glow to Red Rocks for Bassnectar
- Ohio’s Faith Family Church Selects FOR-A Video Switcher as Part of HD Transition
- Warner/Chappell Production Music Wins 2015 Promax/BDA Gold Award
- DiaQuest ProductionLink Supports New Adobe CC 2015
- Church On The Move Enhances Worship Message With Renewed Vision ProPresenter
- British Comedy Director Ben Whitehouse Launches U.S. Career via Accomplice Media