New live streaming and recording appliance chosen for Best of NAB Award by StreamingMedia.com, Black Diamond Award by Digital Video magazine, STAR Award by TV Technology magazine and Video Innovation Award (VIA) by BCPVA.com Matrox® Video today announced that Matrox Monarch HD™, a small, easy-to-use video streaming and recording appliance received four important industry awards at the 2013 NAB Show. Matrox Monarch HD is designed for professional video producers who need to simultaneously stream a live event and record a mastering-quality version for post-event editing. At the breakthrough price of just $995, it provides these two independent delivery channels in an integrated unit. Editors and writers at StreamingMedia.com selected the five new products they found most impressive, and that promised to do the most to push the online video industry forward in the year ahead. The DV Black Diamond Awards recognize outstanding achievement in the advancement of video technology. A select panel of engineers, editors, and production and post professionals joined the magazine staff to judge the awards. Now celebrating its 13th anniversary, the STAR Awards are designed to celebrate and showcase the preeminent technological innovations available to the media industry. A judging panel of broadcast industry experts reviewed a variety of products and services, examined the technical applications and their overall contribution to the industry. The British Columbia Professional Videographers Association (BCPVA) is Canada's oldest and largest professional video production association. Each year, delegates scour NAB for innovative content creation and shooting technologies and choose those products deemed most helpful to videographers looking to advance their businesses. "The entire team at Matrox is thrilled that Matrox Monarch HD was recognized with these honors," said Alberto Cieri, senior director of sales and marketing at Matrox. "This is the latest product that exemplifies what Matrox Video does best — provide high-quality, technologically-advanced tools for video professionals that combine multiple functions in a single cost-effective product." About Matrox Monarch HD From any HDMI input source such as a camera or switcher, Matrox Monarch HD generates an H.264-encoded stream compliant with RTSP or RTMP protocol. While encoding the video at bitrates suitable for live streaming, Matrox Monarch HD simultaneously records a high-quality MP4 file to an SD card, a USB drive, or a network-mapped drive. Matrox Monarch HD is remotely controlled using any computer or mobile device with a web browser. Price and availability Priced at $995 US (€799, £750) not including local taxes and delivery, Matrox Monarch HD will be available in June 2013 through a worldwide network of authorized dealers. About Matrox Video Matrox Video is a technology and market leader in the field of HD and SD digital video hardware and software for accelerated H.264 encoding, realtime editing, audio/video input/output, streaming, A/V signal conversion, capture/playout servers, channel-in-a box systems and CGs. Matrox's Emmy award-winning technology powers a full range of multi-screen content creation and delivery platforms used by broadcasters, telcos, cable operators, post-production facilities, videographers and A/V professionals worldwide. Founded in 1976, Matrox is a privately held company headquartered in Montreal, Canada. For more information, visit www.matrox.com/video.
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Matrox Monarch HD Garners Four Prestigious Industry Awards at the 2013 NAB Show2013-04-18 16:39:34
- Artemple-Hollywood Expands its In-House Creative Team, Names Richard Kidd as Creative Director/Senior VFX Supervisor, and Scott McCullough as Live Action Director & DP
- OptiTrack Enables Immersive VR for Museum-Goers at New York’s New Museum
- Fluendo Recognized for Outstanding Products and Solutions With “Best of SPROCKIT” Award at 2015 NAB Show
- HARMAN Professional Launches Global Alliance Program for Immediate and Worldwide Access to Tour Sound Product Line
- AKG by HARMAN Unveils K181 DJ UE Reference Class Headphones
- New D5 C Dynamic Directional Microphone from AKG by HARMAN Is Built to Withstand the Rigors of the Road
- A.C.T Lighting Welcomes Ian Momii to LA-based Sales Team
- CRYSTAL VISION SHOWS A CHOICE OF CHROMA KEYERS TO SUIT ALL APPLICATIONS AT BROADCASTASIA 2015 (BOOTH 5E2-09)
- Exclusive FUJINON Customer, PRG Nocturne, Adds 58 Lenses to Arsenal for High-End IMAG Production
- HARMAN’s Soundcraft Extends World-Class Vi Series with Vi5000 and Vi7000 Digital Mixing Consoles