Award-winning streaming and recording appliance makes European debut At IBC2013 (Amsterdam, Sept. 13-17, stand 7.B29), Matrox® Video will feature the new Matrox Monarch HD™ video streaming and recording appliance that received four important industry awards at the 2013 NAB Show. Monarch HD is designed for professional video producers who need to simultaneously stream a live event and record a mastering-quality version for post-event editing. It provides these two independent modes in an integrated unit. From any HDMI input source such as a camera or switcher, Matrox Monarch HD generates an H.264-encoded stream compliant with RTSP or RTMP protocol. While encoding the video at bitrates suitable for live streaming, Matrox Monarch HD simultaneously records a high-quality MP4 or MOV file to an SD card, a USB drive, or a network-mapped drive. Powerful and robust, Matrox Monarch HD is remotely controlled using any computer or mobile device with a web browser. It also offers simple, one-touch stream and record pushbuttons, low power consumption, a locking power connector, and a fanless design. “Matrox Monarch is already being used for internet broadcasts from beta sites around the world and the feedback on the feature set has been uniformly positive,” said Daniel Maloney, technical marketing manager at Matrox. “This is the latest product that exemplifies what Matrox Video does best — provides high-quality, technologically-advanced tools for video professionals that combine multiple functions in a single cost-effective product.” Price and availability Priced at $995 US (€799, £699) not including local taxes and delivery, Matrox Monarch HD will be available worldwide by the end of September. About Matrox Video Matrox Video is a technology and market leader in the field of HD and SD digital video hardware and software for accelerated H.264 encoding, realtime editing, audio/video input/output, streaming, A/V signal conversion, capture/playout servers, channel-in-a box systems and CGs. Matrox's Emmy award-winning technology powers a full range of multi-screen content creation and delivery platforms used by broadcasters, telcos, cable operators, post-production facilities, videographers and A/V professionals worldwide. Founded in 1976, Matrox is a privately held company headquartered in Montreal, Canada. For more information, visit www.matrox.com/video.
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to email@example.com.
Matrox Monarch HD to be Featured at IBC20132013-09-10 12:02:56
- Technicolor-PostWorks Crafts a Period Look for "Stonehearst Asylum"
- Trumpeter Farnell Newton is “Ready to Roll” with HARMAN’s AKG Microphones
- Howling Music’s Timothy Williams Scores Big with “Guardians of the Galaxy” at Abbey Road
- Noted Director Jay Silverman Releases Movie Trailer and Website for His First Feature Film "Girl on the Edge;"
- Simian 3.0 Makes Media Management Faster, Simplified and More Powerful
- A Common Thread’s Clay Staub Directs Zombie Invasion for Universal Studios’ Halloween Horror Nights
- Hawthorne Direct Promotes John Pucci to Chief Marketing & Creative Officer
- Arrow Media Uses Aframe To Rapidly Move Dailies During Innovative Production Of “Ultimate Airport Dubai”
- Tiffen Invites Imagemakers to Share Their Imagination, Inspiration and Innovation with Tiffen ImageMaker Blog Site
- Church On The Rock at the Golden Triangle Upgrades to HARMAN’s Soundcraft Vi3000