LUMINEX Network Intelligence has joined the AVnu Alliance, the Beaverton, Oregon-based the industry consortium that certifies IEEE 802.1 Audio Video Bridging (AVB) products for interoperability. LUMINEX is a Belgium-based developer of lighting control, pro audio and video data distribution equipment for the entertainment industry. AVnu Alliance is a non-profit organization formed by member companies to create compliance test procedures and processes that ensure AVB interoperability of networked AV devices and help provide the highest quality streaming AV experience for end users. Utilizing AVB, the transmission of audio and video streams can be synchronized within a microsecond of each other with low delay and minimal lost data due to network congestion. The AVnu Alliance is currently focused on three markets: professional AV, automotive and consumer electronics. "Claiming to be an AVB-capable product is not enough these days," says Hugo Larin, Managing director for Luminex Network Intelligence in America. "The industry is looking for commitments toward AVB, and this is why we are very excited to announce that LUMINEX has joined the AVnu Alliance." AVnu Alliance's Promoter members will write compliance and interoperability test guidelines, designed for the 802.1 AVB specifications, for bridge and endpoint products to undergo and then beAVnu certified. As an AVnu Alliance Adopter member, LUMINEX will have access to those completed test plans; it will also be eligible to have its products enter certification in an AVnu Alliance-approved test lab and participate in AVnu Alliance-hosted plug-fests. Larin notes that, "LUMINEX has been enjoying recent growth with users wanting to deploy audio over IP in a ruggedized and simplified way." To further broaden its reach, LUMINEX is making its first appearance at InfoComm13, June 8-14, in booth #561 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando where it will show its new range of Gigabit Ethernet switches with updated web-based user interface. Bart Swinnen, Luminex CEO, concludes, "We're exited to get our hands on the technical documents and get our development in line. We're really looking forward to be a professional solution provider for AVB and serve this innovative market." About LUMINEX LUMINEX Network Intelligence was formed by Bart Swinnen and Jan Renckens as a branch of parent company LUMINEX Lighting Control Equipment nv, which has an extensive technical background in the lighting industry. LUMINEX Network Intelligence launched its successful Ethernet-DMX8 node in 2004 when it ran 32 DMX lines at the Paralympics in Athens. Their complete DMX and Ethernet solutions range debuted at Siel 2005 in Paris. The GigaCore switch family opened the doors to the digital pro audio and AV markets for the new company and broadened their commitment beyond their traditional customer base.
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LUMINEX Joins AVnu Alliance Promoting Adoption of IEEE 802.1 AVB Standards2013-06-07 07:22:10
- MASTERSFX "Reborn:" Top VFX House to Dominate Small Screen Throughout 2015/16 Fall Season with Unprecedented Slate of TV Projects:
- VITEC Named to List of 100 Companies That Matter Most in Online Video in 2015
- Aero Film Signs Award-Winning Ad Creative Peter Moore Smith as Director
- d3 Introduces Video Format Conversion (VFC) Technology at LDI
- The Hit House Celebrates its 10th Anniversary as One of the Country's Top Original Music Composers for Movie Trailers, TV Commercials & Videogame Marketing:
- Timothy Woodward Jr.’s New Film“4GOT10” Shot on Blackmagic URSA Digital Film Cameras
- Filmworkers Partners with Top Directors for Effects-Driven Spots
- FuseFX Brings Penn State’s Nittany Lion to Life for Emmy-Winning Image Spot
- WSDG SETS VARIED AES CONVENTION PRESENTATION SCHEDULE
- John C. Lewis Paris Photo Featured in City Hearts: 2015 Fresh Focus Photo Auction