LUMINEX Network Intelligence has joined the AVnu Alliance, the Beaverton, Oregon-based the industry consortium that certifies IEEE 802.1 Audio Video Bridging (AVB) products for interoperability. LUMINEX is a Belgium-based developer of lighting control, pro audio and video data distribution equipment for the entertainment industry. AVnu Alliance is a non-profit organization formed by member companies to create compliance test procedures and processes that ensure AVB interoperability of networked AV devices and help provide the highest quality streaming AV experience for end users. Utilizing AVB, the transmission of audio and video streams can be synchronized within a microsecond of each other with low delay and minimal lost data due to network congestion. The AVnu Alliance is currently focused on three markets: professional AV, automotive and consumer electronics. "Claiming to be an AVB-capable product is not enough these days," says Hugo Larin, Managing director for Luminex Network Intelligence in America. "The industry is looking for commitments toward AVB, and this is why we are very excited to announce that LUMINEX has joined the AVnu Alliance." AVnu Alliance's Promoter members will write compliance and interoperability test guidelines, designed for the 802.1 AVB specifications, for bridge and endpoint products to undergo and then beAVnu certified. As an AVnu Alliance Adopter member, LUMINEX will have access to those completed test plans; it will also be eligible to have its products enter certification in an AVnu Alliance-approved test lab and participate in AVnu Alliance-hosted plug-fests. Larin notes that, "LUMINEX has been enjoying recent growth with users wanting to deploy audio over IP in a ruggedized and simplified way." To further broaden its reach, LUMINEX is making its first appearance at InfoComm13, June 8-14, in booth #561 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando where it will show its new range of Gigabit Ethernet switches with updated web-based user interface. Bart Swinnen, Luminex CEO, concludes, "We're exited to get our hands on the technical documents and get our development in line. We're really looking forward to be a professional solution provider for AVB and serve this innovative market." About LUMINEX LUMINEX Network Intelligence was formed by Bart Swinnen and Jan Renckens as a branch of parent company LUMINEX Lighting Control Equipment nv, which has an extensive technical background in the lighting industry. LUMINEX Network Intelligence launched its successful Ethernet-DMX8 node in 2004 when it ran 32 DMX lines at the Paralympics in Athens. Their complete DMX and Ethernet solutions range debuted at Siel 2005 in Paris. The GigaCore switch family opened the doors to the digital pro audio and AV markets for the new company and broadened their commitment beyond their traditional customer base.
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to email@example.com.
LUMINEX Joins AVnu Alliance Promoting Adoption of IEEE 802.1 AVB Standards2013-06-07 07:22:10
- Chris Fetner, Mark Aitken, and Darcy Antonellis to Keynote at SMPTE 2014 Annual Technical Conference & Exhibition
- Richard Bevan Promoted to Senior Vice President/General Manager of WorldStage West
- Drama Republic and Eight Rooks use Aframe’s Cloud Video Platform To Expedite Collaboration on “The Honourable Woman”
- Forbidden to Present Two Sessions at IBC Content Everywhere Conference During IBC2014
- Projection Studio at Edinburgh Tattoo
- HARMAN’S AKG WMS4500 Wireless Microphone System and D7 Ltd Mic Keep Up With Carlos Elizalde’s Every Move
- Blackmagic Cinema Camera and DaVinci Resolve 11 Used on Owl City “Wolf Bite” Music Video
- GO AV Adds UDC 400 from High Resolution Systems for Control of Blackmagic Design’s 2ME ATEM Switcher
- Small Tree Provides End-to-End Workflow Solution for Advertising Agency
- Cobalt Prepares to Introduce European Market to A Significant Number of NEW Products at IBC 2014