RTMP Services Open Up Live-Linear Opportunities for Traditional and Emerging Broadcasters LAS VEGAS -- Jan. 3, 2013 -- iStreamPlanet, a leading provider of live and on-demand streaming video solutions, announced today that the company is adding new RTMP-based global acquisition, ingest, and publishing capabilities to its portfolio of live streaming video services. These new capabilities enable broadcasters of all sizes to target a rapidly growing audience tuning in to live content on IP-connected devices. The new services include the ability to acquire a live video source via single-bit-rate RTMP and output multiple-bit-rate RTMP streams, along with the ability to package RTMP streams in Apple(R) HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) for targeting iOS devices. "IP-based RTMP acquisition helps to reduce the cost and complexity of live video streaming, and allows for content acquisition from practically anywhere in the world," said Lou Greco, executive vice president of global sales and service at iStreamPlanet. "In addition to traditional satellite and fiber acquisition, these new IP-based offerings provide a comprehensive infrastructure to enable broadcasters to deliver live-linear streaming channels in addition to their on-demand and live event content." To utilize the RTMP live-video workflow, content providers simply push an RTMP stream to an iStreamPlanet-certified content delivery network (CDN). iStreamPlanet pulls the stream from the CDN for media processing, which includes output to HLS or RTMP streams with multiple bit rates, and publishing to a certified CDN for playback on multiple screens. A certified CDN can also serve RTMP streams such as Adobe(R) HTTP Dynamic Streams targeting Flash(R) playback. "There are a number of efficiencies to be gained in adopting an IP-based video workflow," said Colin Dixon, senior partner at The Diffusion Group. "For larger broadcasters, IP-based live video workflows accelerate their TV Everywhere strategy. New levels of cost-effectiveness will open up connected, live video streaming to a new market of emerging broadcasters and distributors." The new services are available now. More information is available at www.istreamplanet.com. # # # About iStreamPlanet iStreamPlanet is a premier multiformat video-workflow solutions provider committed to bringing high-quality video experiences to multiplatform connected audiences around the world. With more than a decade of live streaming-video experience, iStreamPlanet has built a comprehensive offering of cloud-based video-workflow products and services for live and on-demand content. iStreamPlanet's innovative approach has been chosen by the world's leading sports, entertainment, and technology brands including NBC, Turner Broadcasting, Notre Dame Athletics, AMC Networks, AT&T, and Microsoft. Founded in 2000, the privately held company is headquartered in Las Vegas with offices in Redmond, Wash., and London. More information can be found at http://www.istreamplanet.com. All trademarks and registered trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to email@example.com.
iStreamPlanet Announces New RTMP-Based Live Streaming Video Services2013-01-03 12:41:28
- Richard Bevan Promoted to Senior Vice President/General Manager of WorldStage West
- Drama Republic and Eight Rooks use Aframe’s Cloud Video Platform To Expedite Collaboration on “The Honourable Woman”
- Forbidden to Present Two Sessions at IBC Content Everywhere Conference During IBC2014
- Projection Studio at Edinburgh Tattoo
- HARMAN’S AKG WMS4500 Wireless Microphone System and D7 Ltd Mic Keep Up With Carlos Elizalde’s Every Move
- Blackmagic Cinema Camera and DaVinci Resolve 11 Used on Owl City “Wolf Bite” Music Video
- GO AV Adds UDC 400 from High Resolution Systems for Control of Blackmagic Design’s 2ME ATEM Switcher
- Small Tree Provides End-to-End Workflow Solution for Advertising Agency
- Cobalt Prepares to Introduce European Market to A Significant Number of NEW Products at IBC 2014
- “The Reel Thing” Film Restoration and Preservation Symposium, Slated for August 21 – 23 in Hollywood