RTMP Services Open Up Live-Linear Opportunities for Traditional and Emerging Broadcasters LAS VEGAS -- Jan. 3, 2013 -- iStreamPlanet, a leading provider of live and on-demand streaming video solutions, announced today that the company is adding new RTMP-based global acquisition, ingest, and publishing capabilities to its portfolio of live streaming video services. These new capabilities enable broadcasters of all sizes to target a rapidly growing audience tuning in to live content on IP-connected devices. The new services include the ability to acquire a live video source via single-bit-rate RTMP and output multiple-bit-rate RTMP streams, along with the ability to package RTMP streams in Apple(R) HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) for targeting iOS devices. "IP-based RTMP acquisition helps to reduce the cost and complexity of live video streaming, and allows for content acquisition from practically anywhere in the world," said Lou Greco, executive vice president of global sales and service at iStreamPlanet. "In addition to traditional satellite and fiber acquisition, these new IP-based offerings provide a comprehensive infrastructure to enable broadcasters to deliver live-linear streaming channels in addition to their on-demand and live event content." To utilize the RTMP live-video workflow, content providers simply push an RTMP stream to an iStreamPlanet-certified content delivery network (CDN). iStreamPlanet pulls the stream from the CDN for media processing, which includes output to HLS or RTMP streams with multiple bit rates, and publishing to a certified CDN for playback on multiple screens. A certified CDN can also serve RTMP streams such as Adobe(R) HTTP Dynamic Streams targeting Flash(R) playback. "There are a number of efficiencies to be gained in adopting an IP-based video workflow," said Colin Dixon, senior partner at The Diffusion Group. "For larger broadcasters, IP-based live video workflows accelerate their TV Everywhere strategy. New levels of cost-effectiveness will open up connected, live video streaming to a new market of emerging broadcasters and distributors." The new services are available now. More information is available at www.istreamplanet.com. # # # About iStreamPlanet iStreamPlanet is a premier multiformat video-workflow solutions provider committed to bringing high-quality video experiences to multiplatform connected audiences around the world. With more than a decade of live streaming-video experience, iStreamPlanet has built a comprehensive offering of cloud-based video-workflow products and services for live and on-demand content. iStreamPlanet's innovative approach has been chosen by the world's leading sports, entertainment, and technology brands including NBC, Turner Broadcasting, Notre Dame Athletics, AMC Networks, AT&T, and Microsoft. Founded in 2000, the privately held company is headquartered in Las Vegas with offices in Redmond, Wash., and London. More information can be found at http://www.istreamplanet.com. All trademarks and registered trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to email@example.com.
iStreamPlanet Announces New RTMP-Based Live Streaming Video Services2013-01-03 12:41:28
- FSR Principals Named To Kindness Shared Charity Board
- Sound Devices Gear has Renowned Audio Mixer Tony Smyles Beaming
- Japanese Firm Rhizomatiks Research Uses ATEM 2M/E Production Studio 4K and ATEM Production Studio 4K for ‘Next World Live’
- 43 of the Fall Season’s Biggest TV Shows Created Using Blackmagic Design Cameras and Software
- LUMINEX Previews GigaCore 26i at LDI 2015
- MASTERSFX "Reborn:" Top VFX House to Dominate Small Screen Throughout 2015/16 Fall Season with Unprecedented Slate of TV Projects:
- VITEC Named to List of 100 Companies That Matter Most in Online Video in 2015
- Aero Film Signs Award-Winning Ad Creative Peter Moore Smith as Director
- d3 Introduces Video Format Conversion (VFC) Technology at LDI
- The Hit House Celebrates its 10th Anniversary as One of the Country's Top Original Music Composers for Movie Trailers, TV Commercials & Videogame Marketing: