Juniper Networks' Junos Innovation Fund Joins Intel Capital, Turner Broadcasting, and Interxion in Series A Funding LAS VEGAS -- March 21, 2013 -- iStreamPlanet, the leader in live streaming video solutions, announced today that Juniper Networks has completed a strategic investment in iStreamPlanet's Series A funding, which was led by Intel(R) Capital. The investment will be funded by Juniper Networks' Junos(R) Innovation Fund. iStreamPlanet plans to use the proceeds from its Series A financing to accelerate the development of its live video streaming solutions, including Aventus(R), a cloud-based, live video workflow platform designed to address the challenges of streaming live events and live linear channels online to multiple platforms and devices. One of the key advantages of Aventus is its ability to move the live video workflow from today's hardware-dependent infrastructure to a software- and cloud-based infrastructure. The relationship combines iStreamPlanet's innovations and experience in providing scalable and cost-effective live video workflow solutions with Juniper's industry-leading networking and caching technology to provide a reliable, secure, and high-performance platform for content providers. The two companies have worked closely in the past to deliver complex, live video workflows for major live events, including the 2012 London Games. "We are developing and bringing to market a next-generation automated video workflow platform, which will help content holders and distributors keep pace with the growing demand for live streaming video and accelerate new business opportunities for broadcasters of all sizes," said Mio Babic, CEO of iStreamPlanet. "Juniper Networks' commitment to innovation in networking and caching in the cloud closely aligns with our vision and customer demand, and we are excited to be working with them and leveraging their expertise in this area." "Live streaming media is one of the most demanding networking and caching scenarios, and one of the fastest areas of growth and opportunity," said Robert Krohn, vice president and general manager, Edge Software Business Unit, Juniper Networks. "Keeping up with customer demand will require solutions with new levels of scalability and automation, and iStreamPlanet and Juniper Networks are now on a fast track to bring this type of solution to market." The Junos Innovation Fund is a venture capital fund, launched in 2010 and backed solely by Juniper Networks, that invests in leading early- and growth-stage technology companies that expand and enhance the Junos ecosystem. # # # About iStreamPlanet iStreamPlanet is a premier, multiplatform video-workflow solutions provider committed to bringing high-quality streaming video experiences to connected audiences around the world. With more than a decade of live streaming video experience, iStreamPlanet has built a comprehensive offering of cloud-based video-workflow products and services for live event and live linear streaming channels. iStreamPlanet's innovative approach has been chosen by the world's leading sports, entertainment, and technology brands including NBC, Turner Broadcasting, Notre Dame Athletics, AT&T, Pac-12 and Microsoft. Founded in 2000, the privately held company is headquartered in Las Vegas with offices in Redmond, Wash., and London. More information can be found at www.istreamplanet.com. All trademarks and registered trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
iStreamPlanet Announces Investment Agreement by Juniper Networks to Drive Growth and Innovation in Live Video Streaming2013-03-21 16:22:59
- Exclusive FUJINON Customer, PRG Nocturne, Adds 58 Lenses to Arsenal for High-End IMAG Production
- HARMAN’s Soundcraft Extends World-Class Vi Series with Vi5000 and Vi7000 Digital Mixing Consoles
- New Vi5000 and Vi7000 Digital Mixing Consoles from HARMAN’s Soundcraft Include Native Monitoring and Control of Shure ULX-D® and QLX-D™ Digital Wireless Systems
- Beam Shaping Has Never Been Easier Thanks to HARMAN’s JBL Professional Rapid DDS Software for Intellivox
- HARMAN’s JBL Professional Unveils JBL HiQnet Performance Manager™ Version 1.8.4 at Prolight & Sound 2015
- HARMAN’s JBL Professional Offers High Output and Precise Directivity Control with new Intellivox HP-DS130 Active Beam Shaping Loudspeaker Array
- HARMAN’s DigiTech Debuts TRIO Band Creator: A Band Inside a Stompbox
- “AT&T Playoff Playlist Live!” Concert Series Sparks Excitement During College Football Playoff Weekend with Clay Paky Sharpys
- HARMAN’s DigiTech Expands Sonic Horizons With Introduction of Polara Stereo Reverb Pedal
- HARMAN’s dbx Introduces DriveRack VENU360 Loudspeaker Management System With Mobile Device Control