NORTHRIDGE, California — Reaffirming its commitment to provide audio professionals with the most advanced and powerful digital signal processing options available, HARMAN today announced a comprehensive technology licensing agreement with Oxford Digital Limited, granting the rights to use Oxford Digital’s proprietary filter technologies in AKG, BSS, Crown, dbx, JBL, Lexicon, Soundcraft, and Studer professional audio products. "Internationally recognized as a DSP technology leader and innovation powerhouse, Oxford Digital brings many unique filter and EQ feature sets which will augment the capabilities of products across our portfolio. The user interfaces they have developed for these complex processing algorithms are remarkably intuitive to use," noted Mark Ureda, Vice President, Strategy and Technology for the HARMAN Professional Division. “We are very pleased to be working with Oxford Digital to provide our customers with new filter and EQ options for the installation, broadcast, cinema and tour sound markets.” John Richards, CEO, Oxford Digital Limited said, "We are delighted to enter into this agreement with HARMAN and look forward to working with their team as we help them integrate these technologies across their professional audio product platforms.” “HARMAN’s determination to provide audio professionals with professional-grade tools that couple excellent sound and improved productivity drives us to partner with category leaders like Oxford Digital. We are pleased and proud to announce this exclusive licensing agreement in the professional audio marketplace,” Ureda concluded. About Oxford Digital Limited: Oxford Digital Limited spun out of Sony Corporation’s Pro-Audio Lab, Oxford in 2006 as an innovative technology company providing IP solutions to major international organizations. Oxford Digital specialises in digital audio signal processing for the mobile and consumer equipment sectors including a complete end-to-end solution for audio processing for semiconductor manufacturers. Recent awards include the British Engineering Excellence Award for Product of the Year (http://www.beeas.co.uk/winners/beeas-2011-winners.pdf) and the National Microelectronics Institute Award for Innovation (http://tinyurl.com/NMI-Innovation-Award). For more information about Oxford Digital Limited, please visit: www.oxford-digital.com. About HARMAN: HARMAN (www.HARMAN.com) designs, manufactures, and markets a wide range of audio, lighting and infotainment solutions for the automotive, consumer, and professional markets. It is a recognized world leader across its customer segments with premium brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, and Mark Levinson®, and leading-edge connectivity, safety and audio technologies. The company is admired by audiophiles across multiple generations and supports leading professional entertainers and the venues where they perform. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with Harman audio and infotainment systems. Harman has a workforce of about 14,300 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia and reported sales of $4.4 billion for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2012.
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to email@example.com.
HARMAN Professional Licenses Oxford Digital Filter Technology and Patent Portfolio For Professional Audio Applications2013-06-13 10:58:35
- Exclusive FUJINON Customer, PRG Nocturne, Adds 58 Lenses to Arsenal for High-End IMAG Production
- HARMAN’s Soundcraft Extends World-Class Vi Series with Vi5000 and Vi7000 Digital Mixing Consoles
- New Vi5000 and Vi7000 Digital Mixing Consoles from HARMAN’s Soundcraft Include Native Monitoring and Control of Shure ULX-D® and QLX-D™ Digital Wireless Systems
- Beam Shaping Has Never Been Easier Thanks to HARMAN’s JBL Professional Rapid DDS Software for Intellivox
- HARMAN’s JBL Professional Unveils JBL HiQnet Performance Manager™ Version 1.8.4 at Prolight & Sound 2015
- HARMAN’s JBL Professional Offers High Output and Precise Directivity Control with new Intellivox HP-DS130 Active Beam Shaping Loudspeaker Array
- HARMAN’s DigiTech Debuts TRIO Band Creator: A Band Inside a Stompbox
- “AT&T Playoff Playlist Live!” Concert Series Sparks Excitement During College Football Playoff Weekend with Clay Paky Sharpys
- HARMAN’s DigiTech Expands Sonic Horizons With Introduction of Polara Stereo Reverb Pedal
- HARMAN’s dbx Introduces DriveRack VENU360 Loudspeaker Management System With Mobile Device Control