A Success Manual for Music & Audio Freelancers Montclair, NJ (December 4, 2012) – Hal Leonard Books, the musician’s best source of books on the music business, audio technology, instrument history, and more, is now shipping Welcome to the Jungle by Jim Klein. This amazing guide is an invaluable source for freelancers who want to succeed in the music and audio industries. Thousands of people try to make a living as musicians and audio professionals. Most of them fail, and not because they lack talent or the will to succeed. They fail because no matter how much training they've received or how hard they've practiced, they don't know how to face the challenges that await them in the “real world.” No matter how much technical or musical skill aspirants may have acquired, there is always a huge gap in their understanding of how that world works. Do they understand how to behave in a professional environment? When to talk and when to listen? What about developing a personal work ethic, a support system, and a reasonable set of immediate and future plans to make goals into realities? In his dual role as a successful music and audio freelancer of over 30 years and tenured college professor, Jim Klein has not only the knowledge of what it takes to succeed as a freelancer in the competitive fields of music and audio, but also the understanding of exactly what the new aspirant needs to know to take on that world. Klein has crafted his advice into a book that is detailed, complete, and easy to understand. Welcome to the Jungle includes chapters on setting goals, networking, building a portfolio, time management, personal and professional finances, and dealing with the ups and downs of the freelance career. The book also includes interviews with successful music and audio freelancers, such as legendary producer Howard Benson (Kelly Clarkson, Santana, Daughtry), producer/engineer Kevin Killen (Peter Gabriel, U2, Elvis Costello), bassist Julie Slick, and others. About the Author Jim Klein has been a freelance music producer, composer, engineer, and songwriter for more than thirty years, creating and producing music on hit records, feature films, network television series, and national TV commercials. He has received eight Daytime Emmy nominations since 2003, winning twice. He is an associate professor in Drexel University’s Music Industry program and lives in Philadelphia. Please contact us for review copies, excerpts and interviews with the author: Music Marcom Martina McConnon firstname.lastname@example.org phone: 610-577-4982 Welcome to the Jungle $24.99 (US) Inventory #HL 00333848 ISBN: 9781458474490 Width: 7.5" Length: 9.25" 208 pages www.halleonardbooks.com www.onstageandbackstage.wordpress.com
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to email@example.com.
Hal Leonard Publishes Welcome To The Jungle2012-12-04 13:50:57
- Miller Camera Support, LLC Announces a New Winner of LP ’54 Classic Tripod as AbelCine Continues 25th Anniversary Extravaganza
- Electrosonic Completes Transformation of the ShowDome at Edinburgh’s Our Dynamic Earth
- 2014 Proves A Banner Year For iPi Soft
- ChyronHego Technology Gives Life to Tinker Bell and Other Stunning Visual Effects in NBC's 'Peter Pan Live!'
- QUANTUM TO SPEAK AT STORAGE VISIONS 2015
- Archimedia CMO to Address Media Collaboration Workflows at Storage Visions 2015
- Kelly Fair Named Wohler Vice President of Sales
- Australia's Staging Connections Upgrades Crown Melbourne Communications With Riedel Acrobat Intercom System
- Pro Sound Effects Hybrid Library Sale Ends December 31st
- SSE Hire Pilots HARMAN’s Soundcraft Vi6 Digital Console and Realtime Rack at Cambridge Folk Festival