Bicoastal Habana Avenue displayed elegant agility when it produced â€œNine Lives,â€? the highly stylized, rock-n-roll open for ESPNâ€™s â€œNBA Sundayâ€? starring Tim McGraw and Def Leppard. The open is airing now on regular season games and will continue through the NBA Playoffs. In â€œNine Lives,â€? clips of NBA players, fans in the stands and action on the court are intercut with footage of McGraw and Def Leppard tracked by atmosphere-slicing moving lights and the flicker of ampâ€™d-up projection beams. Logos of the teams participating in the dayâ€™s matchup are displayed side-by-side in widescreen video while ghostly players dribble the ball among the artists on a glowing basketball court/stage under black light. McGraw and Def Leppard are styled in distressed, film-style framings and in a pounding array of multi-image visuals leading to an explosive conclusion: a burst of pyro around the 3D â€œNBA Sundayâ€? logo. Originally destined as a track for Def Leppardâ€™s new album, â€œNine Livesâ€? turned out to be a unique collaboration of country and rock artists who play together like a championship-bound NBA team. Habana Avenue line producer John Mullins was on site in a warehouse in Los Angeles during the taping. Mullins ensured that ESPN would get the performance footage it needed to cut the multi-week opens and bumpers for the â€œNBA Sundayâ€? open. ESPN's Chris Mantzaris was creative director for the open, which included extensive black-light effects, which brought the players and performers together in the same space. Several masterful players clad in white uniforms dribbled a basketball treated with UV-sensitive paint in between the musicians for a haunting illumination framed by UV-sensitive NBA and ESPN signage. Valerie Fischler served as creative producer for ESPN. KJB Kiely was Habana Avenueâ€™s art director. Steven J. Levy was executive producer. The segments were edited at Vidiots in New York City. About Habana Avenue Habana Avenue is a full-service TV, film, live event and concert-experience production company and an original content creator. The company has offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Miamiâ€™s South Beach and Tampa. It maintains a boutique postproduction facility in Tampa and has postproduction partnerships with the full-service Mad Toy Box Post in Charlotte, North Carolina and Vidiots in New York City. For more information visit www.HabanaAvenue.com or call 877.Habana0 â€“ 877.422.2620.
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to email@example.com.
Habana Avenue Produces ESPN's Music-Driven "NBA Sunday" Open2008-03-26 06:36:01
- Exclusive FUJINON Customer, PRG Nocturne, Adds 58 Lenses to Arsenal for High-End IMAG Production
- HARMAN’s Soundcraft Extends World-Class Vi Series with Vi5000 and Vi7000 Digital Mixing Consoles
- New Vi5000 and Vi7000 Digital Mixing Consoles from HARMAN’s Soundcraft Include Native Monitoring and Control of Shure ULX-D® and QLX-D™ Digital Wireless Systems
- Beam Shaping Has Never Been Easier Thanks to HARMAN’s JBL Professional Rapid DDS Software for Intellivox
- HARMAN’s JBL Professional Unveils JBL HiQnet Performance Manager™ Version 1.8.4 at Prolight & Sound 2015
- HARMAN’s JBL Professional Offers High Output and Precise Directivity Control with new Intellivox HP-DS130 Active Beam Shaping Loudspeaker Array
- HARMAN’s DigiTech Debuts TRIO Band Creator: A Band Inside a Stompbox
- “AT&T Playoff Playlist Live!” Concert Series Sparks Excitement During College Football Playoff Weekend with Clay Paky Sharpys
- HARMAN’s DigiTech Expands Sonic Horizons With Introduction of Polara Stereo Reverb Pedal
- HARMAN’s dbx Introduces DriveRack VENU360 Loudspeaker Management System With Mobile Device Control