The North American premiere of Andrew Lloyd Webber's "The Wizard of Oz" is set for the new year at Toronto's Ed Mirvish Theatre, where a pair of grandMA2s will be on hand to control lighting and video for the new musical. A.C.T Lighting is the exclusive distributor of grandMA2 in North America. Developed from the timeless 1939 MGM screenplay, the new production opened in London's West End earlier this year. It features all the beloved characters and songs from the classic film plus new compositions by Webber and Tim Rice - their first partnership in decades. A.C.T Lighting Canada, in Toronto, supplied the grandMA2s to programmer Joe Allegro of Artistic Illuminations. Hugh Vanstone is the show's lighting designer. "The show was originally on grandMAs, but we decided to move all the lighting and video to grandMA2s when the show was remounted in Toronto," says Allegro. "The decision was based on the length of the show commitment: eight months in Toronto and then on tour. In terms of hardware, the grandMA2 is a new platform and very solid; 99 percent of the information from the original production has come across." Allegro is particularly pleased with the grandMA2s' performance with the musical's video content. "It's a lot more flexible on the video side," he says. "The biggest benefit is being able to manipulate video through Art-Net and being able to communicate between lighting and video so that multiple teams can work independently of one another. "We're very pleased with the grandMA2s, which have been working great," Allegro reports. "It's been a fantastic experience for us." The lighting package for "The Wizard of Oz" was supplied by Christie Lights and the video package by Sound Associates. About A.C.T Lighting A leading importer and distributor of lighting products, A.C.T Lighting, Inc. strives to identify future trends and cutting-edge products, and stock, sell and support their inventory. The company provides superior customer service and value for money to all of its clients. For more information call 818-707-0884.
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
grandMA2s Follow The Yellow Brick Road2013-02-01 08:26:31
- iZotope Releases RX Post Production Suite and RX 5 Audio Editor
- DaVinci Resolve Studio Used by Trish Cahill at Soundfirm to Grade ‘The Dressmaker’
- WorldStage Lights Up Musikfest 2015's Sands Steel Stage
- VITEC's MGW Ace, World's First Portable HEVC Hardware Encoder, Wins IBC2015 Best of Show Award
- Trimaran SPORTEL Exhibitor Preview
- Video Clarity Signs Distributor Agreement With SAV to Represent Its Products in France
- VIEW 2015 Announces Celebration of Laika's 10th Anniversary, Special Presentations on the Future of Videogames, and a Look at "Everest":
- Riedel Communications at CAPER 2015 Product Preview
- Kodak Names Steve Bellamy President of Motion Picture and Entertainment
- Riedel Communications at NATEXPO 2015 Product Preview