The North American premiere of Andrew Lloyd Webber's "The Wizard of Oz" is set for the new year at Toronto's Ed Mirvish Theatre, where a pair of grandMA2s will be on hand to control lighting and video for the new musical. A.C.T Lighting is the exclusive distributor of grandMA2 in North America. Developed from the timeless 1939 MGM screenplay, the new production opened in London's West End earlier this year. It features all the beloved characters and songs from the classic film plus new compositions by Webber and Tim Rice - their first partnership in decades. A.C.T Lighting Canada, in Toronto, supplied the grandMA2s to programmer Joe Allegro of Artistic Illuminations. Hugh Vanstone is the show's lighting designer. "The show was originally on grandMAs, but we decided to move all the lighting and video to grandMA2s when the show was remounted in Toronto," says Allegro. "The decision was based on the length of the show commitment: eight months in Toronto and then on tour. In terms of hardware, the grandMA2 is a new platform and very solid; 99 percent of the information from the original production has come across." Allegro is particularly pleased with the grandMA2s' performance with the musical's video content. "It's a lot more flexible on the video side," he says. "The biggest benefit is being able to manipulate video through Art-Net and being able to communicate between lighting and video so that multiple teams can work independently of one another. "We're very pleased with the grandMA2s, which have been working great," Allegro reports. "It's been a fantastic experience for us." The lighting package for "The Wizard of Oz" was supplied by Christie Lights and the video package by Sound Associates. About A.C.T Lighting A leading importer and distributor of lighting products, A.C.T Lighting, Inc. strives to identify future trends and cutting-edge products, and stock, sell and support their inventory. The company provides superior customer service and value for money to all of its clients. For more information call 818-707-0884.
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to email@example.com.
grandMA2s Follow The Yellow Brick Road2013-02-01 08:26:31
- Arch Enemy Finds an Ally in HARMAN’s Soundcraft Vi6 Digital Console
- BLACK FRIDAY SONNOX SALE IS BACK
- EastWest's New Complete Composers Collection 3 Included In Black Friday & Cyber Monday Sales
- FSR's New HuddleVU Collaboration System Earns Tech & Learning 2014 Award of Excellence
- Chicago’s Gordon West & Derek de Board Compete in Doritos “Crash the Super Bowl” Ad Contest
- Hitachi CP-WX8255 Projector Provides Tremendous Benefits to Olive Branch Community Church
- FuseFX Expands to New York and Vancouver
- Noted Surgeon Finds Live 3D Streaming and Recording from Matrox Monarch HD “Irreplaceable” for Live Teaching and Archiving
- Belmont University Reopens Legendary Columbia Studio A with HARMAN’s JBL M2 Master Reference Monitors
- Clay Paky Fixtures and grandMA2 Hit the Road with Fleetwood Mac