Cambridge, UK – January 23, 2013 – Geomerics, the leading lighting technology company in the video game industry, today announced that it has opened up a new office in Vancouver, Canada. Opening this office puts Geomerics closer to the growing US and Canadian market for its lighting technology for video games, Enlighten; and in particular, it ensures timezone support for Geomerics’ rapidly expanding North American customer list. VP Sales Rob Precious commented: “When we looked at locations for a new office to support US and Canadian customers, Vancouver quickly emerged as the natural choice. We already have a number of customers with studios in Vancouver, including Electronic Arts, and it’s an important and natural hub of development talent for the video games industry. Combined with our Cambridge headquarters and Seoul office, it enables us to offer instant support around the clock to all parts of the globe.” “The authorities in Vancouver continue to be exceptionally friendly and helpful, and have really worked hard to minimise the paperwork in setting up our new office,” continued Precious. “We are extremely pleased that the award-winning technology company, Geomerics, has chosen to open their North American office here in Vancouver,” said Joan Elangovan, Acting CEO at the Vancouver Economic Commission. “Geomerics’ decision to set up their office in this city is seen as a vote of confidence for Vancouver’s transitioning gaming industry and we look forward to welcoming them to the community.” Geomerics CEO Gary Lewis added: “Opening up a Vancouver office demonstrates our commitment to growing the customer base for our lighting technology, Enlighten, as we start to enter a new generation for games. With the number of video game platforms expanding dramatically, the need for high-quality middleware has never been greater. 2012 was a year of solid growth for us, and we are looking forward to a hugely exciting 2013.” For more information on Geomerics and Enlighten, visit: www.geomerics.com. About Geomerics Geomerics delivers cutting-edge graphics technology to customers in the games and entertainment industries. Geomerics' Enlighten technology is behind the lighting in best-selling titles including Battlefield 3, Medal of Honor: Warfighter, Need for Speed: The Run, Eve Online and Quantum Conundrum. Enlighten has been licensed by many of the top developers in the industry, including EA DICE, EA Bioware, Take 2, CCP and Square Enix. Geomerics has developed a reputation for the excellence of both its technology and its support. We work in partnership with many of the leading companies in the games industry and our global customer base includes the USA, Canada, Western and Eastern Europe, Japan and Korea. Visit www.geomerics.com for more information. About Enlighten Enlighten's revolutionary technology brings global illumination to real-time gaming. For the first time, all aspects of lighting can be updated in real time, in game, on today's consoles. Instant feedback opens up new worlds of creative possibilities for gamers and artists alike. Enlighten offers enormous flexibility and we work in partnership with developers to ensure that the lighting in their game is tuned to the director’s creative vision. The Enlighten runtime is available for Xbox 360™, PlayStation®3, Windows PC, PlayStation Vita®, Wii U™, Mac, Android and iOS. Our authoring and baking tools run on Windows PC and the results can be used in game on any platform.
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to email@example.com.
Geomerics Opens North American Office in Vancouver2013-01-23 09:48:26
- Exclusive FUJINON Customer, PRG Nocturne, Adds 58 Lenses to Arsenal for High-End IMAG Production
- HARMAN’s Soundcraft Extends World-Class Vi Series with Vi5000 and Vi7000 Digital Mixing Consoles
- New Vi5000 and Vi7000 Digital Mixing Consoles from HARMAN’s Soundcraft Include Native Monitoring and Control of Shure ULX-D® and QLX-D™ Digital Wireless Systems
- Beam Shaping Has Never Been Easier Thanks to HARMAN’s JBL Professional Rapid DDS Software for Intellivox
- HARMAN’s JBL Professional Unveils JBL HiQnet Performance Manager™ Version 1.8.4 at Prolight & Sound 2015
- HARMAN’s JBL Professional Offers High Output and Precise Directivity Control with new Intellivox HP-DS130 Active Beam Shaping Loudspeaker Array
- HARMAN’s DigiTech Debuts TRIO Band Creator: A Band Inside a Stompbox
- “AT&T Playoff Playlist Live!” Concert Series Sparks Excitement During College Football Playoff Weekend with Clay Paky Sharpys
- HARMAN’s DigiTech Expands Sonic Horizons With Introduction of Polara Stereo Reverb Pedal
- HARMAN’s dbx Introduces DriveRack VENU360 Loudspeaker Management System With Mobile Device Control