French national broadcaster chooses Quantel for workflow, speed and S3D Newbury, UK, 8 July 2013: French public national broadcaster, France Télévisions, has purchased a Quantel Pablo Rio high-end color and finishing system for its graphics design studio, Francetélévisions signature. The studio, based in Nancy, handles the majority of 2D and 3D post-production for programs broadcast across the France Télévisions network, including France 2, France 3, France 4, France 5, France Ô, and overseas channel 1éré. Francetélévisions signature will be using Pablo Rio for both 2D and S3D projects as the studio increases its Stereo3D program production. Pablo Rio is Quantel’s newly launched color and finishing solution that provides the ultimate productive workflow for 2D and S3D projects. Pablo Rio runs on high performance PC hardware and exploits NVIDIA Maximus multi-GPU technology to deliver true interactivity and maximum productivity. Pablo Rio is available as software only and as a range of Quantel-backed turnkey systems. Studio Director at Francetélévisions signature, Jean-Luc Desmond, said, “We have been working with Quantel eQ for a while and have always been impressed with the speed, agility and quality of Quantel systems. Upgrading to Pablo Rio opens up a new world of post-production at France Télévisions, offering high performance and a very impressive interactive color and finishing toolset. We work on a variety of projects here in Nancy, including 2D/3D tracking, digital effects, image restoration and graphic design, so we needed a system that was flexible with a fast and intuitive workflow – Pablo Rio ticked all the boxes.” Quantel Sales Director, Martin Mulligan, said, “France Télévisions has been a valued Quantel customer for many years and we are delighted that they once again have chosen Quantel to meet all their post-production needs.”
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
France Télévisions moves forward with Pablo Rio2013-07-09 03:41:37
- Pronology’s MAM Platform Features Advanced Metadata Functionality
- Alcorn McBride Names Distributor of the Year and Best Marketing Support Award Winners
- d3 Technologies Goes the Extra Mile for Volvo XC90 Projection Mapping in Stockholm
- Codex Action Cam Proves A Revelation For DP Phedon Papamichael ASC GSC
- Gem Center in Vietnam Launches with HARMAN Professional For Inspiring Events
- Technicolor PostWorks Finishes “Boardwalk Empire” on a High Note
- Navori Labs Brings Dynamic Digital Signage to Department of Education
- Renewed Vision to Launch ProPresenter 6 at 2015 NAB Show
- NAB 2015 NEWS: MTI Film to Showcase Improved DRS™NOVA.
- Humble Acquires Paranoid US; Launches Sister Shop Postal for VFX, Design, Edit