[caption id="attachment_57088" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="(C) Maj Maj Måne Photography by Peter Sporremark"][/caption] An innovative storytelling experience from a Swedish entertainment company is being rolled out across supermarkets with the goal of keeping children amused while shopping. And it’s already succeeding in this aim, thanks in no small part to PICKUP™ audio-guide technology from Dataton. Storytrail® is the brainchild of Anna Lantz, CEO of children’s media production company Maj Maj Måne. “We have worked with and for children for many years, and always emphasized storytelling as an important part of learning,” Lantz explains. “We wanted to find a way to make everyday life with children as smooth as possible, pinpointing the stress factors many families have in their lives – for example, going grocery shopping.” “We developed Storytrail as a concept that would keep children occupied, entertained and amused in a retail environment, in a way that would keep them with their parents but also relieve much of the parents’ stress.” In September 2012, the Storytrail idea was taken up by Sweden’s ICA Kvantum supermarket chain. The roll-out has so far involved over 30 stores, with more to come.” “Families collect the equipment for Storytrail – a pair of headphones and a Dataton PICKUP unit – when they enter the store,” says Lantz. “Throughout the store there are nine ‘Storypoints’ – signs that contain Dataton MICROTAGS to act as the trigger for a new audio chapter in the Storytrail for kids to listen to. To make it easy for the children to find the Storypoints, we designed additional signs around the store and little footprints on the ground, underlining the idea that the kids are following a trail.” For ICA Kvantum, Maj Maj Måne created a story using characters already used by the retail chain in its marketing. New stories involving these characters are recorded every other week, so that children always have a new Storytrail to look forward to when they go shopping. "Research from Sweden’s Linnaeus University suggests that more than half of children are quieter when using Storytrail in a shopping environment, that parents’ stress levels are reduced by over 20%, and that 85% of parents would choose to shop at a location with Storytrail installed, over one without." [caption id="attachment_57090" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Lars Sandlund, Chief Operating Officer, Dataton"][/caption] “Storytrail is a fantastic example of how our PICKUP audio-guide technology can bring tangible and immediate business benefits to our customers,” comments Lars Sandlund, Chief Operations Officer of Dataton. ” “Affordable, easy to install and above all very simple to use, PICKUP is finding new applications every day.” www.dataton.com
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EVERY PICTURE TELLS A STORY: DATATON'S PICKUP HELPS SUPERMARKET CHAIN WIN OVER FAMILIES2013-07-03 06:13:32
- Tiffen’s Award-Winning Steadicam Curve and Smoothee Camera Stabilizers Compatible with New GoPro HERO4 Cameras
- Clay Paky Lights Up Austin City Limits Music Festival
- The Tiffen Company Announces CES 2015 Lineup of Innovative Solutions for Professional and Aspiring Image Makers
- Clay Paky Mythos Fixtures Make U.S. Debut at "Illumination: The Lights at The Morton Arboretum" Event
- AJA CION 4K/UltraHD/2K/HD Production Camera Now Shipping
- STORY’s Laurie Rubin Rings in the Holidays with Crate & Barrel
- yU+co Creates 22-Story Projection Mapping Spectacular for Grand Park’s N.Y.E. L.A.
- Proof Visualization House Provides Extensive Previs and Postvis Services for "Night At The Museum: Secret Of The Tomb"
- Darren Aronofsky to be Honored with MPSE Filmmaker Award
- Music from Multiple Warner/Chappell Production Music Catalogs Appears Within - Or in Promotional Media For - 18 Golden Globe Award Nominated Films, Trailers & TV Shows;