[gallery columns="2"] During those cold winter months, the people from Denmark and wider Scandinavia can escape to the warmer climes of the Western Caribbean at The Reef Hotel & Resort. The attraction located just meters away from the ferry terminal in Fredrikshavn, Denmark uses the latest audiovisual technology to immerse visitors, thanks to Swedish systems integration company Mediatec Solutions Sweden AB. Mediatec provided all audio, video, lighting and control including Dataton WATCHOUT™ multi-image display and presentation software. Content was designed and created by award-winning hospitality and exhibition designers, Stylt Trampoli AB. Erik Nissen Johansen, creative director and founder at Stylt Trampoli AB created The Reef concept said: “The Reef is the former Stena Line ‘Badehotellet’. We have created a unique adventure for the whole family who are treated to sound, scents, lapping waves, music, a warm breeze, light effects and 32-degree temperatures all year round.” Multi-image and display “Dataton WATCHOUT manages content on two large projection displays positioned above the pool, inside the adventure park. Here tropical imagery is shown working alongside sound effects,” explained Jörgen Börling, manager at Mediatec. In The Reef restaurant Mediatec has integrated a further nine screens with content synchronized and matched using Dataton WATCHOUT. “The restaurant presentation provides a pre-dinner show that is connected to the story of The Reef with stunning storytelling content created by Stylt,” added Börling. Lars Sandlund, chief operating officer at Dataton said: “The creative ways in which WATCHOUT is used never ceases to amaze us and we’re delighted that our technology is enjoyed by Scandinavians at The Reef.” And the last word goes to Jörgen Börling who says: “The audiovisual system has been a big success for our client. What’s more, the hotel is just 3 hours from Göteborg!” See Dataton and WATCHOUT Premium Partner Videmus at Stand 107, EAS 2013 from 18-20 September, Port de Versailles Convention Center, Paris. VIEW THE STORY AND PRESS IMAGES ONLINE.
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DATATON TAKES VISITORS ON A CARIBBEAN ISLAND RETREAT AT THE REEF HOTEL & RESORT2013-09-10 05:20:39
- The Hit House Writes and Produces Original Music for Wildly Popular "Superfan" Netflix TV Spot Starring Ricky Gervais
- Sound Devices Puts Full Range of Rack-Mounted Video and Audio Recorders on Display at IBC 2014
- Motion Path | Bigstudios Partner with Orad to Provide World-Class Creative Services
- HARMAN’s JBL Professional EON 206P Portable PA System Delivers World-Class Sound on the Move
- Orad Makes After Effects Part of the 3D Scenery
- Miller Camera Support Equipment Cooks Up a Creative Storm While Traveling with Patrick and Kylie
- Dalet Releases AmberFin Version 10.4
- Adorama Pro and Sony Present: Capturing 4K on the Shoulder with Sony’s NEX-FS700R and Odyssey 7Q Recorder
- Blackmagic Cinema Cameras Capture Complex Action Sequences in ‘The Expendables 3’
- Cogswell College and Silicon Valley ACM Siggraph Chapter to Present Siggraph 2014 Computer Animation Festival on Sept. 10