When the annual Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival got underway, with its 24/7 schedule and desert location, Clay Paky lighting took center stage for the Main Stage performances of California rockers Red Hot Chili Peppers. Lighting designer Scott Holthaus had 70 Clay Paky Sharpys and 23 Clay Paky Alpha Beam 1500s in his inventory for the Chili Peppers' nighttime shows on both festival weekends. "The Sharpys were on moving pods on the stage while the 1500s were on top of my vertical towers, on the floors and screamers; eight 1500s were front of house," he explains. Holthaus recounts how "one show was nearly cancelled due to a sandstorm. There were sand dunes on the stage. Our video portion and many of the fixtures were disabled. All I had was Sharpys and Alphas." With so many particulates in the air Holthaus wanted fixtures "that throw a beam as far as possible. The 1500 throws telephone poles way deep into the crowd - huge telescopic beams that are good to the last seat. No one I know had seen beams like that before - they looked like Star Wars light sabers!" Francesco Romagnoli, Clay Paky Area Manager for North and Latin America, adds, "This is the third year Scott has been using our Sharpys and it sounds like they were the star of the show. It's great to support his work and we're thrilled that he keeps coming back to our fixtures." Despite the adverse environmental conditions the first weekend, "the lights held up well, and everything worked flawlessly," Holthaus concludes. "They also did great the second weekend. The lights really cut through - that's why we choose those kind of tools." Premier Global supplied Holthaus with the fixtures.
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clay Paky Lights Up Coachella for Red Hot Chili Peppers2013-06-21 07:10:09
- EastWest's New Complete Composers Collection 3 Included In Black Friday & Cyber Monday Sales
- FSR's New HuddleVU Collaboration System Earns Tech & Learning 2014 Award of Excellence
- Chicago’s Gordon West & Derek de Board Compete in Doritos “Crash the Super Bowl” Ad Contest
- Hitachi CP-WX8255 Projector Provides Tremendous Benefits to Olive Branch Community Church
- FuseFX Expands to New York and Vancouver
- Noted Surgeon Finds Live 3D Streaming and Recording from Matrox Monarch HD “Irreplaceable” for Live Teaching and Archiving
- Belmont University Reopens Legendary Columbia Studio A with HARMAN’s JBL M2 Master Reference Monitors
- Clay Paky Fixtures and grandMA2 Hit the Road with Fleetwood Mac
- Telestream to Feature File-based Workflow Solutions at Government Video Expo
- CueScript Adds ARET Video and Audio Engineering to Distributor Network