Christie®, who introduced the world’s first DLP® simulation projection system with LED illumination, today announced that QuantaDyn Corporation, an engineering firm specializing in training simulation, has awarded Christie the contract to provide the projection system for the First Article Unit of the Air National Guard’s Advanced Joint Terminal Attack Controller Training System (AAJTS) Development Program. The 10 new Christie Matrix StIM™ WQ 1-chip DLP® solid state, LED-based projectors will power Immersive Display Solution’s semi-portable simulator dome with a field of view of 240 by 90 degrees. Battlespace Simulations Inc., will supply Model Air Combat Environment (MACE) software used for scenario/entity generation, and MetaVR will provide its Virtual Reality Scene Generator™.[caption id="attachment_47803" align="alignright" width="300" caption="Christie Matrix StIM WQ"][/caption] The Christie Matrix StIM WQ is an integrated scalable environment projection system with the capability to display independent RGB and IR channels through Christie’s InfraScene™ technology at WQXGA (2560 x 1600) resolution. It features 800 ANSI lumens, 4.1 megapixels of resolution, fully ruggedized chassis, Christie proprietary technology such as ArrayLOC™, which allows a seamless and uniform performance across a projection array, MotoBlend™ to maximize system contrast and optimize dark scenes, robust and easy to use AutoCal™ to maintain the alignment to precisely match and blend arrays, and the latest fully adjustable Christie AccuFrame™ smear-reduction technology for the most true-to-life image quality in the industry. Unlike alternative approaches to “smear reduction”, Christie AccuFrame is integrated into the Christie Matrix StIM WQ and is fully adjustable in 1 percent increments over a 0-100 percent range. This allows system designers and customers to maximize dynamic image quality over a range of applications and/or training scenarios. . Engineered for simulation and training needs, the Matrix StIM WQ’s unique dual input architecture is capable of providing a true 120Hz output at full WQXGA resolution that allows users to maximize image quality without compromising system brightness.
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to PRFeed@nbmedia.com.
Christie Awarded QuantaDyn Contract to Supply U.S. Air National Guard with 10 New Christie Matrix StIM WQXGA Projectors for Joint Terminal Attack Controller Program2012-12-06 15:57:54
- The Room Finishes Bruce Springsteen’s “Hunter of Invisible Game”
- Miller Camera Support Equipment Provides Latest Technologies to Companies at The Australian Broadcast Exhibition
- Monkeyhead Helps 'Untie The Knot' For Bravo
- Professional Wireless Systems Sets the Stage with Wireless Equipment Package and Frequency Coordination Services for Univision’s Premios Juventud
- Sound Devices 970 Takes a Ride with Renowned Audio Mixer for New Semi-Animated Children’s Series
- Atomic Design Partners with WorldStage On Turner Entertainment Networks’ Upfront at Madison Square Garden
- Thinkbox Opens Deadline 7 Beta
- Bexel Expands Inventory with $13 Million Investment to Support 2014 FIFA World Cup(tm) and Beyond
- Miller Camera Support, LLC Debuts Air Tripod System At Texas Association Of Broadcasters
- Tom Lowe’s “Mojave Moonlight” Debuts at The G2 Gallery