Christie®, who introduced the world’s first DLP® simulation projection system with LED illumination, today announced that FlightSafety International, with Aero Simulation Inc. (ASI), has awarded Christie the contract to supply a projection system consisting of nine Christie Matrix StIM™ WQ 1-chip DLP® solid state, LED-based projectors, to the U.S. Coast Guard’s HC-144A Ocean Sentry program at the Aviation Training Center (ATC) in Mobile, Alabama. Aero Simulation Inc. (ASI) is the program’s prime contractor responsible for delivering the Operational Flight Trainer (OFT) and supporting subsystems. . The Christie Matrix StIM WQ is an integrated scalable environment projection system with the capability to display independent RGB and IR channels through Christie’s InfraScene™ technology at WQXGA (2560 x 1600) resolution. It features 800 ANSI lumens, 4.1 megapixels of resolution, fully ruggedized chassis, Christie proprietary technology such as ArrayLOC™, which allows a seamless and uniform performance across a projection array, MotoBlend™ to maximize system contrast and optimize dark scenes, robust and easy to use AutoCal™ to maintain the alignment to precisely match and blend arrays, and the latest fully adjustable Christie AccuFrame™ smear-reduction technology for the most true-to-life image quality in the industry. Unlike alternative approaches to “smear reduction,” Christie AccuFrame is integrated into the Christie Matrix StIM WQ and is fully adjustable in 1 percent increments over a 0-100 percent range. This allows system designers and customers to maximize dynamic image quality over a range of applications and/or training scenarios. [caption id="attachment_47766" align="alignright" width="300" caption="Christie Matrix StIM WQ"][/caption] The all-new HC-144A Ocean Sentry has been certified by the USCG as its Medium Range Surveillance Maritime Patrol Aircraft. The Ocean Sentry has the capability to perform aerial delivery of search and rescue equipment such as rafts, pumps, and flares. It can serve as an on-scene commander platform for homeland security missions, since it is outfitted with the IDS Command and Control (C2) System, and the state-of-the-art C4ISR suite of sensors and avionics. The HC-144A’s modern C4ISR suite, modular cabin, fuel consumption rate, and short field takeoff and landing capability, make it uniquely suited for U.S. Coast Guard missions. . Christie is at I/ITSEC in Orlando, FL, Dec 3-6 showcasing several new simulation solutions including the Christie Matrix StIM WQ at Booth #2549.
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to email@example.com.
Christie Awarded FlightSafety International Contract to Deliver New High Brightness, High Resolution Christie Matrix WQXGA Simulation Projection System to US Coast Guard HC-144A Ocean Sentry Program2012-12-05 16:36:50
- Lady Gaga Launches ArtRave Tour with Clay Paky Fixtures and grandMA2 Consoles Joining Her on the Road
- Forbidden Integrates Timecode Buddy Into Forscene Platform Via MovieSlate iOS App
- Goldcrest Post Adds High End Picture Finishing with DaVinci Resolve
- Miller Camera Support Equipment Stands Sturdy Amongst TV Azteca Station Upgrade
- Chandler Limited and Abbey Road Studios Announce Long-Term Agreement
- SMPTE Confers 'Fellow' Status on Eight Members of Motion-Imaging Technology Industry
- Nexidia and Telestream Announce Integration of Nexidia QC Caption Verification Tool Into Vantage Workflow Automation Environment
- SMPTE Announces 2014 Honorees and Award Winners
- CueScript Adds Visual Technologies India (VTI) to its Growing Slate of Worldwide Distributors
- September’s Free Workshops at Adorama Teach Photography, Mobile and Consumer Electronics to Include Everyone in Back to School Learning