Christie Digital Systems USA, Inc. announced today that it has entered into an agreement to acquire VR Solutions Pty. Ltd. (Australia) and VR Solutions (India) Private Limited, subject to completion of certain conditions. These acquisitions will provide Christie with subsidiaries and offices in Australia and India – markets that are witnessing increased demand for Christie’s products and solutions. After closing, Christie intends to rebrand both companies under the Christie name. . “We’re excited by the potential of this acquisition,” said Jack Kline, president and chief operating officer, Christie Digital Systems USA, Inc. “VR Solutions is a natural fit with Christie, having been a valued partner and integrator of Christie products for several years. The team at VR Solutions also brings a wealth of expertise in design, sales and service of visual technology solutions to expanding markets for Christie.” . Acquiring the VR Solutions’ companies is one component of Christie’s continuing, long-term commitment to better serve its rapidly expanding customer base worldwide. The new Australian subsidiary of Christie will become the main sales and support entity in Australia and New Zealand and the new Indian subsidiary of Christie will be integrated with Christie’s existing Indian operations. . “VR Solutions is extremely well respected in the market for their knowledge and technical expertise. We’ve represented Christie products for over five years and with our established ecosystem of integration partners, we have accomplished many innovative projects in advanced visualization, oil and gas, live events and corporate display sectors,” explains Michael Bosworth, President, VR Solutions. “In becoming part of the Christie brand, it allows us the natural progression to further support our partners, expanding our presence to supply of one of the world’s most respected projection product lines to Australia, New Zealand and India.” . Lin Yu, vice president, Christie Asia Pacific, who will oversee these new Christie operations, was equally enthusiastic. “On completion of the acquisition, the existing capabilities of our Indian office will be expanded across markets and in Australia and New Zealand this move will also expand the support we can provide to independent theatres for their digital projection conversions,” said Yu.
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to email@example.com.
Christie to Acquire VR Solutions to Accommodate Rapid Market Growth in Australia, India and New Zealand2012-11-16 10:15:20
- Codex Advances Motion Picture and Broadcast Workflows at IBC 2014 (11.C71)
- Lady Gaga Launches ArtRave Tour with Clay Paky Fixtures
- Forbidden Integrates Timecode Buddy Into Forscene Platform Via MovieSlate iOS App
- Goldcrest Post Adds High End Picture Finishing with DaVinci Resolve
- Miller Camera Support Equipment Stands Sturdy Amongst TV Azteca Station Upgrade
- Chandler Limited and Abbey Road Studios Announce Long-Term Agreement
- SMPTE Confers 'Fellow' Status on Eight Members of Motion-Imaging Technology Industry
- Nexidia and Telestream Announce Integration of Nexidia QC Caption Verification Tool Into Vantage Workflow Automation Environment
- SMPTE Announces 2014 Honorees and Award Winners
- CueScript Adds Visual Technologies India (VTI) to its Growing Slate of Worldwide Distributors